The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) warns against frost on the night from Friday to Saturday. Alerts have been issued for almost all of Poland. In places, the temperature at the ground can drop to -3 degrees Celsius.
Friday night into Saturday will be cold. Forecasters of the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) issued frost warnings for more regions on Friday evening. Alerts will apply in 15 provinces.
IMGW alerts – frost
First degree frost warnings have been issued for the following provinces:
– West Pomeranianfor the eastern half of the voivodship;
– Pomeranianoutside the counties: Puck, GdyniaSopot, Gdańsk, Nowy Dwór;
– Lubuskiefor eastern poviats;
– Lesser Polandoutside the counties: Oświęcim, Chrzanów, Olkuski, Miechów, Cracow;
– Silesianfor southern poviats;
– Lower Silesiafor districts: Kłodzko, Wałbrzych, Kamienna Góra, Karkonosze, Jelenia GoraLwówek.
Locally, a decrease in air temperature to about 2 degrees Celsius is forecast, and at the ground to -3 degrees Celsius.
The alerts will be in effect from 1am-6am on Saturday.
What is the first degree IMGW meteorological warning
The first degree warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material damage and threat to health and life. Running a business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from activities in the area where the threat occurs, including delays caused by traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution recommended, the need to follow messages and weather developments.
Main photo source: AdobeStock