The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) warns against a drop in temperature below zero. Level 1 alerts are in place for this weather threat. According to the threat forecast issued by forecasters, the beginning of the new week will bring heavy rainfall, frost and icing.
Forecasters of the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) issued weather warnings.
IMGW alerts – frost
First degree frost warnings have been issued for the following provinces:
– Lesser Polandfor the following poviats: Tatrzański, Nowy Targ, Nowy Sącz and Gorlice;
– Subcarpathianfor the districts of: Jasło, Krosno, Sanok, Lesko, Bieszczady.
Locally, in depressions, the air temperature is forecast to drop to about -2 degrees Celsius, at the ground to -3 degrees Celsius.
Alerts will be valid until 7am on Sunday.
IMGW threat forecast for Monday – heavy rain
IMGW plans to issue first degree alerts against heavy rainfall in the following provinces on Monday:
– Lesser Polandin the following poviats: Tatrzański, Nowy Targ, Suski, Myślenice, Limanowski, Nowy Sącz, Nowy SaczGorlice;
IMGW threat forecast for Tuesday – frost and icing
There is a chance of frost and ice on Tuesday. Level 1 alerts against these weather threats may apply in the following provinces:
– Lesser Polandin the following poviats: Tatrzański, Nowy Targ, Sucha, Limanowski, Nowy Sącz and Gorlice;
– Subcarpathianin the following districts: Jasło, Krosno, Sanok, Leski, Bieszczady.
IMGW threat forecast for Wednesday – frost
A light frost is possible in the south and north-east of the country on Wednesday. IMGW may issue first degree frost warnings in the following provinces:
– Lower Silesiain poviats located in the south of the region;
– Opolein southern poviats;
What is the first degree IMGW meteorological warning
The first degree warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material damage and threat to health and life. Running a business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from activities in the area where the threat occurs, including delays caused by traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution recommended, the need to follow messages and weather developments.
What is a threat forecast?
According to the IMGW definition, the threat forecast is indicative weather forecastserving to inform the public early about the possibility of a dangerous meteorological phenomenon.
Main photo source: Shutterstock