The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMWM) warns against heavy rainfall, which may be accompanied by storms, in eight provinces. Hail storm alerts have also been issued for parts of the country.
The synoptics of the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued first degree meteorological warnings.
IMGW alerts – heavy rain with thunderstorms
First degree warnings against heavy rain with storms are valid in the voivodships:
– Lower Silesia, Opole and Silesianwhere they expire at 1pm on Saturday;
– Lesser Poland, Subcarpathian, Świętokrzyskie and southern counties Masovian, where they will be valid from 9-18 on Saturday;
– Lublin, in the southern half, where they will be valid from 9-20 on Saturday.
Rainfall is forecast of moderate intensity in heavy periods. The amount of precipitation can reach 30 liters per square meter in some places. Precipitation may be accompanied by storms with gusts of wind up to 60 kilometers per hour. Hail is possible locally.
IMGW alerts – storms with hail
First degree warnings for hail storms have been issued for parts of the country. They are valid in the voivodships:
– Łódź Provinceexcept for northern counties;
– Mazowieckieexcept for the southern counties and the north-western part;
– Lublinin the northern half;
– Podlasiein southern counties.
Thunderstorms are expected in some places with heavy rainfall of up to 20 l / sq m. and gusts of wind up to 65 km / h. Hail may occur in some places.
Alerts will go into effect at 12 noon on Saturday and will expire at 12.00 p.m. 20 the same day.
What is the first degree meteorological warning from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material damage and threat to health and life. Conducting activities in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the area of risk, including delays caused by road traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution recommended, need to follow news and weather developments.
Main photo source: Shutterstock