Strong winds are forecast for Saturday. The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued alerts for most provinces. In gusts, it can blow up to 80 kilometers per hour, storms are also possible – warn IMGW weather forecasters.
The synoptics of the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued first degree meteorological warnings.
IMGW alerts: strong wind
Strong wind warnings are in force in the following voivodships:
– West Pomeranian Voivodeshipin poviats: SwinoujscieKamieński, Gryficki, Kołobrzeg;
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship and Greater Polandexcept for northern counties;
– Lubuskie Voivodeshipwith the exception of northern and western counties;
– Lower Silesiawith the exception of the Ząbkowicki and Kłodzko poviats;
– Opoleexcept for southern counties;
– Silesian, Lesser Poland and Subcarpathianin the northern half;
– Łódź Province, Świętokrzyskie, Lublin, Mazowieckie;
– Podlasiein the following poviats: Siemiatycze, Bielski, Hajnowski, Białystok, BiałystokWysokie Mazowieckie, Zambrów, Łomża, Łomża, Moniecki, Sokólski.
In West Pomerania, strong winds with an average speed of 35-50 km / h and gusts up to 80 km / h are forecasted from the west and north-west directions. The alerts will expire there at 2pm on Saturday.
In other places where the warnings will be valid from Saturday 10-17, it is expected to blow at an average speed of up to 40 km / h, with gusts also up to 80 km / h, from the west. They are also possible in all voivodships storms.
What is the first degree meteorological warning from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material damage and threat to health and life. Conducting activities in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the area of risk, including delays caused by road traffic obstructions, disruptions in the course of outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution recommended, need to follow news and weather developments.
Main photo source: Shutterstock