IMWM warns against weather hazards. In some parts of the country, second- and first-degree meteorological alerts are in force before the thaw. At night and on Monday we will also experience freezing precipitation and strong gusts of wind.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMWM) issued first and second degree warnings.
IMWM alerts of the second degree – snowmelt
IMWM warns against thaws. Level 2 warnings apply in the voivodeship Lower Silesiain the following counties: Kłodzko, Karkonosze, Jelenia Góra.
An increase in air temperature is forecast, causing thaw and melting of the snow cover. The minimum temperature will be from 1 to 3 degrees C. The maximum thermometers will show from 2 to 5 degrees C on Sunday, and on Monday from 4 to 7 degrees C. Total rainfall will reach 10-20 liters per square meter.
The warnings will be valid until 16 on Monday.
IMWM alerts of the first degree – freezing precipitation
Yellow alerts against freezing precipitation are in force in the following voivodeships:
- Pomeranianin counties located in the eastern half of the region, where it will be dangerous until midnight on Monday;
- Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeshipin northeastern and eastern counties, where alerts will expire at midnight Monday;
- Warmian-Masurian Voivodeshipwhere warnings will be valid until midnight on Monday;
- Masovian Voivodeship, where in the west it will be dangerous until midnight on Monday, in the center and in the south – until 8, and in eastern counties – until 12 the same day;
- Łódźin Rawa and Opoczno poviats, where the alarms will be valid until midnight on Monday;
- Świętokrzyskiein the eastern part of the region, where it will be dangerous until midnight;
- Podlasie, where alarms will be in force until 12 on Monday;
- Lesser Polandin the following counties: Nowy Targ, Tatra, Nowy Sącz, Nowy Sącz, Gorlice County, where alerts will be valid until 20 on Monday;
- Podkarpackiewhere warnings will remain in effect until midnight on Monday;
- Lublin Province, where in the west the dangerous aura will last until 8 on Monday, and in the east – until 12 on the same day.
Freezing rain or drizzle causing black ice is forecast there.
First degree IMWM alerts – snowmelt
First degree warnings against snowmelt are in force in the following voivodeships:
- Lower Silesiain southern counties;
- Opole provincein counties located in the south of the region;
- Silesianexcluding Żywiec County;
- Lesser Polandoutside the Tatra and Nowy Sącz counties.
An increase in air temperature is forecast, causing thaw and melting of the snow cover. The minimum temperature will be from 0 to 2 degrees C. The maximum temperature will reach from 2 to 3 degrees C.
The warnings will be in force until 1 or 4 p.m. on Monday.
IMWM alerts of the first degree – strong wind
IMWM also issued first-degree alerts for strong winds in the southern counties of the voivodeship: Silesian, Lesser Poland and Podkarpackie.
Strong winds are forecast, blowing at an average speed of up to 40 kilometers per hour, with gusts of up to 70 km/h, from the south and southwest.
In Upper Silesia and Lesser Poland, the warnings will be in force from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Monday, and in Podkarpacie – from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Monday. 4-15 on the same day.
What is the second degree IMWM meteorological warning?
The second level warning predicts the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena causing significant material losses and a threat to health and life. Dangerous phenomena or the effects of their occurrence significantly limit business activity. Expect disruptions to your daily functioning. Great caution is recommended, it is necessary to monitor the weather forecasts and developments. Follow all recommendations issued by emergency services in the event of an emergency. Adjust your plans to weather conditions.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Shutterstock