The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management warns against black ice in the north and north-east of the country. Alerts have been issued for parts of Lower Silesia due to expected heavy rainfall.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued first-degree meteorological warnings.
IMWM alerts – freezing precipitation
First degree warnings against freezing precipitation apply in the following voivodeships:
- Pomeranianoutside the following poviats: Słupsk, SłupskLębork;
- Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeshipin the following poviats: Sępoleński, Tuchola, Świecie, Grudziądz, Chełmno, Wąbrzeźno, Brodnica, Golubsko-Dobrzyński, Rypiński;
- Warmian-Masurian Voivodeshipoutside the following poviats: Gołdap, Olecko, Ełk;
- Podlasiein the following counties: Kolno, Łomża, Łomża, Zambrowski, Wysokie Mazowieckie, Siemiatycze;
- Masovian Voivodeshipin the north-eastern part of the voivodeship;
- Lublin Provincein the following counties: Łuków, Radzyński, Biała Podlaska, Biała PodlaskaParczewskie, Włodawa;
- Lesser Polandin the Tatra district;
- Podkarpackiein the following counties: Jasło, Krosno, Sanok, Lesko, Bieszczady.
Snowfall and sleet are forecast, as well as light freezing rain or drizzle in some places, causing black ice.
In Pomerania, in Bytów, Człuchów and Chojnice counties and in Kujawy, in Sępoleno and Tuchola counties, alerts will expire at 10 p.m. on Sunday, in the Podkarpacie region they will be valid until 5 on Monday, while in other places they will remain in force until 9 on the same day.
IMWM alerts – heavy rainfall
It may rain heavily in parts of the country. The lowest level warnings have been issued in the voivodeship Lower Silesiafor the following counties: Lubań, Lwówek, Karkonosze, Jelenia Góra and Kłodzko.
In the south of the counties, in the foothill areas, moderate rainfall is possible, during which from 25 to 35 liters of water may fall per square meter.
The alerts will be valid from midnight on Monday to midnight on Tuesday.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Adobe Stock