Intense rainfall will occur on Friday in the south-eastern part of Poland. The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued warnings. Level 2 alerts were announced in two voivodeships.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) issued meteorological warnings.
IMWM alerts of the second degree – heavy rainfall
Second-level warnings of intense rainfall have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Lesser Polandfor the following poviats: Nowy Sącz, Nowy SączGorlice;
Moderate and heavy rainfall is forecast. 40 to 60 liters of water per square meter may fall.
The warnings will be valid from 9 a.m. on Friday until 2 on Saturday.
First degree IMWM alerts – heavy rainfall
Lower level warnings due to intense rainfall have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Silesianfor the following counties: Cieszyn, Bielsko, Bielsko-BialaŻywiec;
– Lesser Polandfor the following poviats: Tatra, Nowy Targ, Limanowa, Bochnia, Wieliczka, Brzeg, Tarnów, TarnówDąbrowski;
– Podkarpackiefor all counties except those covered by higher level alerts;
– Lublin Provincefor the following counties: Janów, Biłgoraj, Zamość, Zamość, Tomaszów, Hrubieszów, Chełm, Chełm, Krasnystaw, Świdnica.
In these places, during moderate and sometimes heavy rainfall, 30 to 50 l/m2 is expected to fall.
In Silesia and the western part of Małopolska, the warnings will come into force at 11 on Friday and will expire at 2 on Saturday, in the rest of Małopolska they will be valid from 9 on Friday until 2 on Saturday, in Podkarpacie they will come into force at 12 on Friday and will expire at 2 on Saturday, while in the Lublin region they will be in force from 3 p.m. on Friday until 4 the next day.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Shutterstock