IMWM warns against weather threats. Sunday morning may be foggy in four voivodeships, while icing and snowfall are forecast in the south of the country. Check where the weather is dangerous.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued first-degree warnings.
IMWM alerts – dense fog
Dense fog warnings have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– West Pomeranian Voivodeshipfor the following poviats: Sławno, Koszalin, KoszalinSzczecinek;
– Pomeranianoutside the following counties: Puck, Gdańsk, GdańskSopot, Gdynia, Tczew, Nowy Dwór, Malbork, Sztum, Kwidzyn;
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeshipoutside the following poviats: Wąbrzeźno, Golubsko-Dobrzyński, Brodnica, Rypiński, Lipno, Włocławek, WłocławekAleksandrów, Radziejowski;
– Greater Polandfor the following counties: Złotów, Piła, Chodzież, Wągrowiec.
In these regions, visibility may be limited to 100 meters.
The warnings will be valid until 8 on Sunday.
IMWM alerts – snowfall
In the southern part of Poland, snowfall is forecast in some places in areas above 800 meters above sea level. They can increase snow cover by about 5 centimeters.
The warning applies to the voivodeship Lesser Poland, specifically the Tatra County. It will expire at 8 on Sunday.
IMWM alerts – icing
It may also be slippery in parts of the country. Warnings were issued for the following voivodeships:
– Lesser Polandfor the Nowy Targ and Tatra counties;
– Silesianfor the Żywiec poviat.
It is forecast that the wet surface of roads and sidewalks will freeze locally after rain, sleet and wet snow, causing them to become icy. The minimum temperature will be approximately -1 degree Celsius, and the minimum temperature at the ground will be approximately -2 degrees Celsius.
Alerts will be valid until 8 on Sunday.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Adobe Stock