IMWM warns about heavy snowfall, which may fall up to 20 centimeters in some places. Ice warnings are also in force. Check where the weather will be dangerous.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued first-degree meteorological warnings.
IMWM alerts – heavy snowfall
First-degree IMWM alerts against heavy snowfall have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Lower Silesiafor the Karkonosze and poviats Jelenia Góra;
– Silesianfor the following counties: Cieszyn, Bielsko, Bielsko-BialaŻywiec;
– Lesser Polandfor the counties of: Sucha, Nowy Targ, Tatra, Limanowski, Nowy Sącz, Gorlice;
– Podkarpackiefor the following counties: Jasło, Krosno, Sanok, Lesko, Bieszczady;
– Łódźfor the following counties: Kutno, Łowicz, Skierniewice, Rawa;
– Podlasiefor the following counties: Wysokie Mazowieckie, Siemiatycze, Hajnówka;
Precipitation is forecast in Lower Silesia, causing an increase in snow cover of approximately 10 centimeters above 600 meters above sea level. The alerts will be valid there from 11 p.m. on Friday until 9 on Saturday.
In Silesia, Lesser Poland and Podkarpacie, where warnings will remain in force until 5 p.m. on Saturday, 15 to 20 cm of snow may fall.
In other regions, the warnings will expire at 16 on Saturday. Precipitation is expected to increase the snow cover by 10-15 cm.
IMWM alerts – icing
It may be slippery in some parts of the country. First degree warnings due to icing have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Greater Polandfor Piła and Złotów counties;
– West Pomeranian Voivodeshipfor the following poviats: Sławno, Koszalin, KoszalinBiałogard, Szczecinek, Drawsko, Wałecki.
It is forecast that wet road surfaces and sidewalks will freeze after rainfall, sleet and wet snow, causing them to become icy. The minimum temperature will be between -4 and -1 degrees Celsius.
The warnings will be valid until 9 on Saturday.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Adobe Stock