IMWM issued strong wind alerts. In nine voivodeships, the morning may bring dangerous gusts reaching speeds of up to 75 kilometers per hour. Check where the weather may be dangerous.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) issued first-degree meteorological warnings.
IMWM alerts – strong wind
First degree warnings against strong winds have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– West Pomeranian Voivodeship, where alerts will be in force on Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., except in the coastal zone, where they will last until 18 on the same day;
– Pomeranian. On the coast, warnings will remain in force until Saturday. 6 p.m., and in other poviats – at 7-11;
– Lubuskie, where in the north alerts will be valid on Saturday from 7-11, and in the south – from 9-13;
– Greater Poland, outside the south-eastern counties. In northern counties, alarms will be in force on Saturday from 7-11, and in central and southern areas – from 9-13;
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, outside the eastern part of the region. The warnings will be in force on Saturday from 9 to 13;
– Lower Silesia, in the south of the voivodeship. The alarms will be valid there from: 7-13 on Saturday;
– Silesian, for the following counties: Cieszyn, Bielsko, Bielsko-Biała, Żywiec, where it will be dangerous until 14 on Saturday;
– Lesser Poland, for the following counties: Wadowice, Sucha, Myślenice, Nowy Sącz, Nowy Sącz, Gorlice, Nowy Targ, Tatra. The alerts will expire on Saturday at 14;
– Podkarpackie, for the following counties: Jasło, Krosno, Krosno, Brzozowski, Sanok, Przemyśl, Przemyśl, Lesko, Bieszczady. The warnings will be canceled at 16 on Saturday.
Strong winds with an average speed of up to 40-45 kilometers per hour, with gusts of up to 75 km/h, are expected to occur from the southwest and south.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Shutterstock