IMWM issued meteorological warnings. Heavy rainfall is forecast throughout Sunday in parts of the country, accompanied by thunderstorms in some places. Check where the weather will prove dangerous.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMGW) issued first-degree meteorological warnings.
IMWM alerts – heavy rainfall
Warnings of intense rainfall have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Świętokrzyskiefor the poviats: Jędrzejowski, Kielce, KielceStarachowice, Skarżyński, Konecki, Włoszczowa;
– Podlasieoutside the following poviats: Suwałki, SuwałkiSejny.
Moderate, sometimes heavy rainfall is forecast. The expected rainfall will range from 20 to 45 liters of water per square meter.
Warnings in Greater Poland, the Świętokrzyskie Region, the Łódź Region and the southern part of Masovia will be valid until 6 p.m. on Sunday, and in other places they will expire on the same day at 6 p.m. 22.
IMWM alerts – heavy rain with thunderstorms
In parts of the country, heavy rainfall will be accompanied by storms. Warnings were issued for the following voivodeships:
– Lower Silesiafor the following counties: Kłodzko, Ząbkowice, Dzierżoniów, Strzelin, Wrocław, WroclawOława;
– Lesser Polandfor the following counties: Olkusz, Chrzanów, Oświęcim, Wadowice, Sucha.
Moderate and sometimes heavy rainfall is forecast there. In some places it is expected to drop 30-40 l/sq m. During storms, wind gusts will reach speeds of up to 60 kilometers per hour.
The warnings will be valid until 20 on Sunday.
IMWM alerts – dense fog
It will be foggy in some areas. Warnings against dense fog have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Podlasiefor the following counties: Suwałki, Suwałki, Sejny, Augustów;
– Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship;
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeshipfor the following poviats: Tuchola, Świecie, Grudziądz, Grudziądz, Chełmno, Wąbrzeźno, Brodnica;
– Pomeranianfor the following counties: Gdańsk, Nowy Dwór, Malbork, Sztum, Kwidzyn, Tczew, Starogard.
Dense fog is forecast in these regions, with visibility ranging from 100 to 200 meters in places.
Alerts will expire at 7 on Sunday.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Tanya-Tinya/Shutterstock