The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management warns of heavy rainfall in eight voivodeships. In some regions it will rain heavily throughout Sunday. In some parts of the country, IMWM alerts are also in force related to dense fog, which may limit visibility to up to 100 meters.
Forecasters from the Institute of Meteorology and Water Management (IMWM) issued first-degree meteorological warnings.
IMWM alerts – heavy rainfall
Warnings of intense rainfall have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Świętokrzyskiefor the poviats: Jędrzejowski, Kielce, KielceStarachowice, Skarżyński, Konecki, Włoszczowa;
– Łódźfor the following counties: Radomsko, Pajęczno, Bełchatów, Piotrkowski, Piotrkow TrybunalskiOpoczno, Tomaszów, Łódź East, Brzeziński, Rawski, Skierniewice, Skierniewice;
– Masovian Voivodeshipoutside the following counties: Sochaczewski, Gostynin, Płock, Płock, Płońsk, Sierpc, Żuromin, Mława, Ciechanów, Przasnyski;
– Podlasieoutside the following poviats: Suwałki, SuwałkiSejny.
Moderate, sometimes heavy rainfall is forecast. The expected amount of rainfall will be from 30 to 45 liters of water per square meter.
Warnings in the Świętokrzyskie Region, the Łódź Region and the southern part of Masovia will be valid from 2 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday, and in other places they will come into force at. 5 on Sunday and will expire on the same day at 22.
IMWM alerts – heavy rain with thunderstorms
In parts of the country, heavy rainfall will be accompanied by storms. Warnings were issued for the following voivodeships:
– Lower Silesiafor the following counties: Kłodzko, Ząbkowice, Dzierżoniów, Strzelin, Wrocław, WroclawOława;
– Lesser Polandfor the following counties: Olkusz, Chrzanów, Oświęcim, Wadowice, Sucha.
Moderate and sometimes heavy rainfall is forecast there. In some places it is expected to drop 30-40 l/sq m. During storms, wind gusts will reach speeds of up to 60 kilometers per hour.
Sharpening will be valid from midnight to 20 on Sunday.
IMWM alerts – dense fog
It will be foggy in some areas. Warnings against dense fog have been issued for the following voivodeships:
– Masovian Voivodeshipfor the following counties: Sochaczew, Gostynin, Płock, Płock, Sierpc, Płońsk, Nowy Dwór, Pułtusk, Ciechanowski, Żuromin, Mława, Przasnyski, Maków, Ostrołęka, Wyszków, Ostrowski;
– Podlasieexcept for the following counties: Bielsko, Hajnówka, Siemiatycze;
– Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship;
– Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeshipexcept for the following counties: Sępolno, Nakło, Żnin, Mogilno;
– Pomeranianfor the following counties: Gdańsk, Nowy Dwór, Malbork, Sztum, Kwidzyn, Tczew, Starogard.
As reported by IMWM in a statement after 20, in some places fog limited visibility to below 600 meters, locally to about 100 m. “In the coming hours, visibility will continue to decrease and in many places visibility will be reduced to 100-200 m,” we read.
Alerts will expire at 7 on Sunday.
What is the IMWM first degree meteorological warning?
The first level warning provides for conditions conducive to the occurrence of dangerous meteorological phenomena that may cause material losses and pose a threat to health and life. Conducting business in conditions of exposure to these factors is difficult and dangerous. Expect difficulties resulting from carrying out activities in the hazardous area, including delays caused by traffic disruptions, disruptions to outdoor events or the possibility of their cancellation. Caution is recommended, the need to follow messages and developments in the weather situation.
Main photo source: Shutterstock