IMWM issued second degree hydrological warnings in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship. Due to the runoff of rainwater, an increase in levels in rivers is possible.
The Institute of Meteorology and Water Management issued hydrological warnings. The warning states are exceeded, inter alia, on the following rivers:
– Grabinka, in the Głowaczowa profile (Podkarpackie Voivodeship)
– Breni, in the Wampierzów profile (Podkarpackie Voivodeship);
– Bukowa, in profile Ruda Jastkowska ((Podkarpackie Voivodeship);
– Black, in the profile of Januszewice (Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship);
– Liwiecin the Zaliwie-Piegawki profile (Masovian Voivodeship).
IMWM hydrological alerts
Second degree hydrological warnings are valid in the voivodeship Podkarpackie, concern the San river basin from the estuary of the Wiar to the estuary to the Vistula, Brenia, Wisłok from Krajowice to the estuary.
Due to the runoff of rainwater, in the catchments of Brenia, Grabinka and in the Bukowa catchment, a further increase in water levels is forecasted in the high-water zone with the warning state being exceeded in the Głowaczowa profile on Grabinka. In Breń in Wampierzów and in Bukowa in Ruda Jastkowska, the warning level will be exceeded.
Alerts will be valid until 9am on Monday.
What is the IMWM second degree hydrological alarm
A second level warning means that “water conditions (observed or forecasted) are in the zone above the warning conditions but below the alarm conditions”.
Main photo source: Shutterstock