This reportage should become a reason for those in power to seriously consider whether the CBA should function in Poland at all – said prosecutor Dariusz Korneluk from the Lex Super Omnia Association after the publication of the reportage by “Superwizjer” by Maciej Duda and Łukasz Ruciński “Agent Tomek’s Penance”. Bogusław Seredyński, former president of Wydawnictwo Naukowo-Techniczne, spoke movingly about what he and his loved ones experienced as a result of the CBA’s actions. – My life was completely destroyed and I still don’t know why – he said.
Agent Tomek reveals the backstage of subsequent operations of the Central Anticorruption Bureau from many years ago. The case of former Civic Platform MP Beata Sawicka and the detention of Weronika Marczuk shocked public opinion.
One of the victims of the CBA’s actions was the president of Scientific and Technical Publishing Houses, Bogusław Seredyński. Tomasz Kaczmarek, impersonating a businessman interested in taking part in the privatization of the company, tried to persuade Seredyński to accept a bribe, even though he firmly refused.
Ultimately, Kaczmarek got Seredyński drunk, and when he fell asleep, he simply left him an envelope with PLN 10,000 on the table. euro. Although the next morning Seredyński called and said that he did not want the money and would take it from him, he was detained by the CBA anyway. A scandal that did not exist was publicized – because of it, Seredyński lost his job, friends, and his life’s work.
Seredyński: my life was completely destroyed
In a conversation after the publication of the “Superwizjer” report, Seredyński talked about the effects of the CBA’s proceedings against him. – I found myself on the street and banned from working in Warsaw and banned from leaving the borders of the capital city – he said.
– There was never any accusation against me. There were suspicions and only suspicions, but it did not change the fact that I myself had experienced certain events very hard – he pointed out and mentioned unpleasant situations involving his parents. – My mother, an elderly and sick person, once went to the store and there she met a not very friendly neighbor who was shouting at the top of her voice literally in the store: “how’s Mrs. Seredyńska, he was supposed to be so smart and good, but he turned out to be a thief?” and a bribe.” Mom put her head down, went home, went to bed and never got up again. My dad refused to eat and in less than a month he followed her.
– My children were forced to emigrate under the pressure of hate and social ostracism. The daughter still lives in the UK, and the son moves between the UK and Poland. My life was completely destroyed and I still don’t know why, he added.
The former president of Wydawnictwo Naukowo-Techniczne suspects that in fact the target of the CBA action was the building at Mazowiecka Street in Warsaw, and – as he heard – “it backfired”.
“All threads should be thoroughly investigated”
– It’s a terrible, unprecedented thing and it shows the criminal activity of the state service. This reportage should become a reason for those in power to seriously consider whether these people, or this service at all, should function in Poland – said prosecutor Dariusz Korneluk from the Lex Super Omnia Association and former head of the Appellate Prosecutor’s Office in Warsaw.
When asked what can be done after many years with cases in which new circumstances and threads appear that require confirmation, the prosecutor said that the proceedings against Mariusz Kamiński can be taken.
Dariusz Korneluk noted that Tomasz Kaczmarek is not a 100% reliable witness, “but his statements should certainly be an inspiration for all the proceedings conducted by the CBA that he mentions.”
– In those proceedings in which charges were presented several or a dozen years ago and were discontinued, they cannot be resumed today from a formal point of view – he pointed out. – They can be resumed, but only to the benefit of the people who received the charges – he explained.
– In my opinion, they should be the reason for many proceedings, but also an inspiration to initiate new preparatory proceedings, because indeed all the threads mentioned by Mr. Kaczmarek should be thoroughly investigated – he added.
Prosecutor Korneluk: the proceedings should be resumed and reassessed
This means that against Mariusz Kamiński for the case of Scientific and Technical Publishing Houses and the case of the so-called the Kwaśniewski villa can continue to pursue matters. – These proceedings have been discontinued, but today, taking into account Mr. Kaczmarek’s statements, they should certainly be resumed and reassessed – the prosecutor pointed out.
Dariusz Korneluk emphasized that this does not mean that the indictment or charges may be brought again. – As we are currently hearing, there is absolutely no need to submit a request to the Sejm to waive immunity, but there is no doubt that it should be assessed once again by a real, independent prosecutor – he added.
Main photo source: TVN24