In the area of security, the president believes in good cooperation with every government representative who will be appointed – said reserve major Jacek Siewier, head of the National Security Bureau, in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24. He informed that in recent days, at the request of President Andrzej Duda, he held meetings, without cameras, with representatives of “basically all large groups” and they concerned defense issues.
Reserve Major Dr. Jacek Siewiera, head of the National Security Bureau, was asked in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24 whether he had information about who the president would entrust with the mission of forming the government.
– I do not have such knowledge, I am convinced that the president is considering the two candidates he mentioned very seriously – he said.
– Mr President, in the area of security, believes in good cooperation with every government representative who is appointed, regardless of his composition or the majority in the Sejm – he continued.
– In recent days, at the request of the president, I held meetings at the National Security Bureau with representatives of basically all large groups that deal with defense issues, broadly understood defense, not only military. Security also understood as the state’s immunity systems – said the head of the National Security Bureau.
As Siewiera said, during these meetings, which took place without cameras, there was an “in-depth discussion about potential cooperation in this area.” As he continued, during these meetings “first of all, those areas of responsibility for the state that the president is particularly interested in and from which the president will not give up in the face of the threats we face on the eastern border were highlighted, and the picture looks very grim.”
Siewiera: the president and Kosiniak-Kamysz respect each other
The TVN24 guest was also asked about the president Andrzej Duda would react if the leader of the People’s Party were to become the Minister of Defense Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz. Siewiera replied that his role was not to comment on individual candidates.
However, he added that “the president’s experience of cooperation with Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz is certainly many years old and the gentlemen respect each other.”
Siewiera on the generals’ resignation: I regret two things
Siewiera referred to the October resignation from the position of the Chief of the General Staff of the Polish Army, General Rajmund Andrzejczak, and the operational commander of the armed forces, Lieutenant General Tomasz Piotrowski.
General Andrzejczak was replaced by Lieutenant General Wiesław Kukuła, and General Piotrowski by Major General Maciej Klisz.
– I regret two things. I regret that such experienced commanders left the service and I regret that it happened in such a way, so quickly, at such a moment – he said.
– Without a doubt, these are commanders who had extensive experience and also earned the respect of the soldiers and the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. All the more surprising that after the experience of evacuation from Afghanistanafter the experiences of war, (…), ended their military service in this way – he added.
– They have experience that the Republic of Poland should use, just like the experience of many generals who survived the war and the operation near the border. However, the nature of the use of these experiences is a completely separate story and it is certainly not an issue at this moment – noted Siewiera.
Siewier: there was no personal sympathy between the Ministry of National Defense and the commanders
When asked if there was any chance for the generals to return to service, he replied: – I believe that the Republic of Poland should use the experience of all retired officers, especially at such a high level, very actively. We still have a lot to do in this regard.
– As far as I know, they are on notice and going through the entire procedure. Everything has to start with some good will. The amount of emotions associated with the entire event means that it would be better for an appropriate amount of time to pass before Rzeczpospolita uses (their – ed.) experience – continued Jacek Siewiera.
Siewiera also talked about emotions related to the circumstances of the generals’ departure. – It was no secret that there was no personal sympathy between the authorities of the Ministry of National Defense and the authorities, the commanders of the Armed Forces – he said.
Siewiera about an army of 300,000 soldiers: it is an ambitious goal
Siewier was also asked whether Poland could afford an army of 300,000 soldiers and whether this was the army Poland should have.
– Like any serious challenge, it requires a very serious and deep discussion – he said. He pointed out that “it cannot be expressed in numbers in one category.” – In the case of Prime Minister Błaszczak’s declaration, we are talking about a 300,000-strong army in relation to a professional army – 250,000 professional army soldiers plus 50,000 Territorial Defense Forces – he specified. – In the case of declarations by other representatives of political forces, this number is not questioned as the number of soldiers, but the form of their service is changed – he noted.
– This is the size of the army that is achievable, it is an ambitious goal, but achievable, also in the demographic aspect. Polish history shows that such numbers of armed forces are achievable, he said.
Locator in the car of the Chancellery of the President. Siewiera: the vehicle in which he was found did not belong to the SOP
The head of the National Security Bureau was also asked about the situation when he was in a car belonging to the Chancellery of the President State Protection Service she found the tracker.
Siewiera said it was not true that the tracker was found in the presidential car. – A Border Guard officer, during the activities ordered by the State Protection Service, during an operation conducted by the State Protection Service, actually identified a locator in a vehicle that did not belong to the State Protection Service. It was indeed used (this locator – ed.) in VIP columns. It was a bus, (but) not the president’s, he explained.
– Over the last two years, the State Protection Service, also under its current management, has conducted over 600 security operations. Including several dozen visits of Polish delegations to the war-torn country. At a time when we were dealing not only with sabotage groups, but also with open confrontation, using artillery means – the TVN24 guest pointed out. He said that the locator “in all this is only a small means to achieve some goals.” – Whoever planted it there, their intention was foiled in an exemplary manner – he added.
Main photo source: TVN24