We are in a huge hole and drama – said former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy Janusz Piechociński in the “Fakty po Faktach” program. He noted that “there are only three and a half months until the harvest.” According to Piechociński, “there is no reaction from the government to signals from the environment, trade unions and organizations.”
The former deputy prime minister pointed out that the harvest is fast approaching. – Then, again, thirty-several million tons of grain and corn will appear from the Polish fields. We currently have a surplus of three – four million, we have gigantic problems with exports, not only with finding buyers, but also with transport issues for Polish ports that are loaded with coal. Hypothetical terminals that were supposed to be built in cereals are being built just like Poland’s electric car – he said.
He pointed out that a lot of grain entered Poland from Ukraineto prevent food problems in Africa and the Middle East. – Already on July 15, at a meeting in the Lublin region, farmers said: it’s coming to us, it’s blocking, if we don’t have 1,700 per ton of wheat at the prices of fertilizers, labor and fuel, then last year’s harvest will not be profitable. At the moment we are in the perspective of a thousand or even lower, corn has already gone down at all and we have three or four months – he said.
According to Piechociński, “there is no reaction from the government to signals from the environment, trade unions and organizations.” – It turned out that the economic situation did not come, that the voivode from the Lublin region said that instead of 60 or 80 thousand tons, 800 thousand tons arrived – he said.
– In February, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Agriculture (Henryk Kowalczyk – ed.) announces that there will be EU intervention. Only later comes the information that it will be 29.5 million euros. This is really a drop in the ocean of needs – he assessed.
Minister’s negotiations with farmers
On Wednesday, the agricultural roundtable with the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Henryk Kowalczyk, began at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
After 7 p.m., TVN24 reporter Bartłomiej Ślak reported that the head of the Ministry of Agriculture left a document with proposals to farmers and left the building. Farmers stayed on the scene. – It is offensive when we get such a piece of paper, which was supposed to be called an agreement – said the head of Agrounia, Michał Kołodziejczak. He added that the document signed by Kowalczyk was entitled “summary of the agricultural roundtable”. “There are no agreements here, no dates,” he said.
Main photo source: TVN24