Jarosław Kaczyński said at a military picnic in Zawichost (Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship) that the entire operation of the PiS government consisted in preventing the “huge scale” from robbing Polish public finances. He argued that thanks to this, it was possible to cover, among other things, social and armament expenses. – We have this feature, which seems to be miraculous, that when we are in power, there is money, and when they are in power, there is no money – he said, referring to the opposition.
Deputy Prime Minister, PiS president spoke during a military picnic in Zawichost in the Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship.
– To have a strong army, you also need to have a strong economy, but you also need to have strong public finances. That is why we were able to spend so much on social policy during these eight years, increase spending on health care, and now increase spending on armaments to PLN 137 billion, compared to PLN 37 billion at the beginning. Some say inflation. Yes, inflation, but counting inflation, it’s still a huge increase – he said Jaroslaw Kaczynski.
– It happened because we have this, seemingly miraculous feature, that when we are in power, there is money, and when they are in power, there is no money – he said, referring to the opposition. – In the years 2005-2007 we repaired public finances, and in 2008, even before the crisis started, problems appeared in this area. Their coming to power itself was a signal to those who robbed public finances on a huge scale that it was possible – he pointed out.
Kaczyński: we prevented the robbing of Polish public finances
As he said, the whole operation of the PiS government consisted in preventing the robbing of Polish public finances “on a huge scale”. – Thanks to this, we have gained additional hundreds of billions of zlotys over the years. This is the source. Of course, part of this was due to economic growth, but the greater part was due to the fact that we simply did not allow stealing – argued the president of Law and Justice.
– Do not think that this was only on a national scale. Like, for example, my late brother (Lech Kaczynski) came to power in Warsaw, winning decisively elections, it had to do with the disintegration of Warsaw’s finances and administration. In a short time he mastered it and in Warsaw, which used to cry that it had no money, and today again under (Rafał) Trzaskowski cries, it suddenly turned out that the money is there. Why did it turn out like that? I don’t have any evidence in my hand, but any reasonable person can guess where it came from, Kaczyński continued.
– Those who are able not only to arm themselves, to pursue a policy of national consolidation, but also to manage the Polish economy and ensure that for the first time in a long time there is money in the Polish coffers, we are Law and Justice – added.
Kaczyński: Poland is making an international career when it comes to the economic model
Kaczyński also said that “today this Polish economic model, which has been in use for eight years and has been developed since 2008, is of interest to many countries in the world.” – Those poor countries. Because they see that today we are developing mainly from our own resources – he said. He said that these countries are interested in “how we have mastered corruption and theft”. – Today, I know from the Polish ambassador to the UN (Krzysztof Szczerski – ed.), Poland is making a certain international career here. This model is making an international career – he assessed. Kaczyński stated that this is why this power is so destroyed. – Because this unfair and ineffective system, which was created in Poland after 1989, served a certain group, served external forces, but did not serve Poles – he said. – Today, we still have a long way to go to what we would like, but we are going this way and we will get there – he added.
– Ladies and gentlemen, I kindly ask you to take this into account in your decisions, which you will take on 15 October (…). Don’t fall for these scams. Because they say that we have ruined Poland, and all international data says that we have excellent results, argued the PiS president.
Main photo source: PAP/Piotr Polak