Police actions against Joanna were commented on by politicians in “Kawa na Ława” on TVN24. Izabela Leszczyna from the Civic Coalition said that this was “another episode of horror that PiS and the Confederation gave to Polish women.” Katarzyna Kotula from the Left Club stated that “in the hands of Law and Justice, the Polish police has become a tool used to organize a regular hunt for women.” Olga Semeniuk-Patkowska from the ruling party, deputy minister of development and technology, appealed: – Let’s let the authorities work on it, let’s not say that the police committed an offence.
There is a discussion about the case of Mrs. Joanna, who decided to take an abortion pill because the pregnancy was supposed to threaten her health. She felt bad both physically and mentally. She informed her doctor, who notified the police. In the Krakow hospital, the patient was questioned and searched by officers. The case was presented by “Fakty” TVN. The court, examining the complaint about taking the phone and ordering its return, reminded the policemen that Ms. Joanna was not a suspect, nor was she even considered to be charged.
Politicians commented on the case in “Kawa na Ława” on TVN24.
SEE THE MATERIAL OF “FACTS” TVN: Joanna took the abortion pill. The police came to the hospital, took her laptop and phone
Hazel: another episode of the horror film that PiS and the Confederation gave to Polish women
Izabela Leszczyna, an MP from the Civic Coalition club, spoke about what she considered “the most shocking” in this matter. – I am most appalled not even by the fact that these officers exceeded their powers, which is why MP (Bartłomiej) Sienkiewicz filed a report on suspicion of exceeding the powers of officers to the prosecutor’s office. What upsets me the most is that women politicians from Law and Justice act against this woman who is a victim because they don’t like the photos she posts on Instagram – she said.
– So I want to say clearly that in Poland every citizen is a human being and every citizen and citizen have the same rights. They can post whatever they like on Instagram, but the police have no right to behave as they did, emphasized the MP.
According to Leszczyna, Joanna’s case is “another episode of horror that PIS hand in hand with the Confederation, he gave Polish women.” – You introduced, (…), actually a law worthy of the Taliban and therefore you intimidate everyone – she turned to representatives of the government camp.
Semeniuk-Patkowska: Let the authorities work on it
Olga Semeniuk-Patkowska, PiS representative, deputy minister of development and technology, said that “she would like to warn against keeping the topic of Mrs. Joanna in the public space in such a long time perspective.” – This frenzy of the media, cameras, at some point Joanna’s face will come off. And she will stay with this division, which was unfortunately created by the states – she addressed opposition politicians.
As she further argued, the intervention of the services, medics and ambulance was “not in the context of taking an abortive pill, but in the context of a suicide attempt”. – Let the authorities work on it (…), let’s not say that the police committed any offense – appealed the deputy minister.
Mucha: We are dealing with two situations that are happening almost at the same time
Joanna Mucha from the Poland 2050 parliamentary circle said that “we are dealing with two situations that are happening almost at the same time”. – We have Joanna, who has not committed a crime (…), a search is carried out, a body search is carried out on a woman who has not committed any crime – she stressed.
– So we have a situation where a Polish citizen has not committed a crime and is subjected to this type of harassment. And we have the second situation – the situation of Mrs. Marika, who definitely committed a crime and this was confirmed by the court. She is currently in the process of clearing her of anything wrong that she has done, continued the MP, referring to the case woman convicted of attempted robberywhich thanks to the decision Zbigniew Ziobro She has been released and awaits the President’s decision on pardon.
– So the Polish state says that the woman who committed the crime – I’m talking about Marika – is really “innocent”, because she committed a robbery “for a just cause”. So we are dealing with a state that, when there is a crime, says “no problem”. When there is no crime, he says “there is a problem” – said the representative of Poland 2050.
Kotula: in the hands of PiS, the police have become a tool used to organize a regular hunt for women
Katarzyna Kotula from the Left club stated that “in In the hands of Law and Justice, the Polish police has become a tool used to organize a regular hunt for women. “Because Joanna is not an isolated case,” she noted.
– False concern of Law and Justice only shows that today you want to do everything to wash your hands. In order not to admit that the Polish police are working today on your political order, beating women in the street with batons, using gas against MP Magdalena Biejat, MP (Barbara) Nowacka. Such situations took place during the largest protests in Poland – she addressed the representatives of the ruling camp.
– You have led to the fact that today a woman is surrounded by a police cordon in the gynecological office – continued Kotula.
Sałek: the police have their own procedures to which they must adapt
Paweł Sałek from the Chancellery of the President emphasized that “every person absolutely has their own dignity and this dignity should be respected”.
At the same time, he argued that “the police have their own procedures to which they must adapt.” – In the event of a threat to life, and this information was provided by a psychiatrist, the police had to intervene in this way to prevent this case from happening. And this is obvious. Salek said.
Kaminski: In Poland, the police uphold the sexual teachings of the Catholic Church
Michał Kamiński, Deputy Speaker of the Senate on behalf of the Polish-PSL Coalition, began with the observation that “in Poland, a gynecological office is not a dangerous place, in Poland a dangerous place is the office of the chief police officer”.
– In Poland, the same police headed by a comedian who is unable to operate a grenade launcher that explodes in the center of Warsaw, the same police (…), guard not the law and the Penal Code in Polish politics, but the sexual teaching of the Catholic Church – he said.
Police translations, Joanna’s reaction
Jarosław Szymczyk, the chief of the police, presented the recordings at the conference on Thursdayon which the call to the emergency number by Mrs. Joanna’s doctor and the receipt of the notification in this case by the police were registered. When asked by TVN24 about the actions taken by the police in the hospital, Szymczyk replied that “this is a normal procedure for people who we suspect want to take their own lives.”
“Today I just made sure that the police were hunting me for an abortion. I never said my mood was about abortion. I did it more than a week before calling the doctor – she commented in an interview on Thursday’s police press conference Mrs. Joanna. Her attorney announced that she would submit a notification to the prosecutor’s office in connection with the actions of the police.
Main photo source: TVN24