9.9 C
London
Tuesday, October 26, 2021

JSW – one-time award for 22,000 crew members

Must read

- Advertisement -


The members of the crew of Jastrzębska Spółka Węglowa have just received a one-time cash prize. The payment of the bonus to around 22,000 employees cost the company over PLN 113 million.

The agreement on the size of this year’s wage increase at JSW, one-off awards and an increase in the value of meals was signed on September 13. It was agreed, inter alia, an increase in salaries from the beginning of September by 1.6%, which together with the 3.4% increase in force since July. marks a 5 percent increase in wages this year.

WATCH TVN24 ON THE INTERNET ON TVN24 GO >>>

Awards for JSW employees

Moreover, as confirmed by the representatives of the JSW press office, one-off prizes were paid on Friday. Employees employed underground received 4.3 thousand. PLN, employees of mechanical coal processing plants 3.5 thous. PLN, and other employees 3.1 thous. zloty.

- Advertisement -

JSW spent PLN 113.5 million on prizes, and the total cost of implementing the September agreement ending collective disputes in the company was PLN 139.3 million. Including PLN 23.5 million is the cost of an additional salary increase, and PLN 2.3 million – the cost of increasing the value of a preventive meal by PLN 2 (from October 1), from PLN 19 to PLN 21.

Wage agreement in the JSW Group

Last Thursday, a wage agreement was also signed in JSW Szkolenia i Górnictwo (SiG), a company owned by the JSW Group, which employs over 1.5 thousand people. people – these employees provide services in JSW mines. Also in this company, salaries will increase (from October) by 5%, and the value of a preventive meal will increase to PLN 21 (from January 2022). However, unlike the parent company, one-off staff rewards were made conditional on the increase in the value of future contracts.

“The last provision of the wage agreement (…) is a guarantee of the payment of a one-off bonus after the first quarter of next year for each employee, in the case of negotiating new rates on trade agreements in force from January 1, 2022” – Solidarność said and assessed that due to the economic situation of the company JSW SiG is a compromise solution.

Last year, which was a crisis for JSW, there were no raises or one-off awards in the company. In 2020, the prices of coal and coke from the JSW Group decreased by an average of about a third, and the Group’s revenues decreased by nearly 20%. As a result, it closed 2020 with a loss exceeding PLN 1.5 billion. This year – as shown by the results for the first two quarters – the company is reducing its losses, hoping to make up for them in the following quarters.

Main photo source: Shutterstock



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article