We will calmly sort out the situation in the National Council of the Judiciary – said on Friday in “Fakty po Faktach” independent senator Krzysztof Kwiatkowski, representative of the Senate in the neo-KRS. Commenting on the situation in the justice system, he added that the current disciplinary prosecutors for judges, “a symbol of the worst influence on the justice system”, would have to “leave quickly”. – These are the last moments of functioning of this institution in such a bad shape – assured senator Kazimierz Michał Ujazdowski (KP-PSL), referring to the neo-KRS.
On Tuesday, members of the neo-KRS, elected by the new parliamentary majority, informed Fr submitting a notification to the prosecutor’s office regarding the Council politicized by PiS. This is about inciting public officials not to implement the judgment of the European Court of Human Rights.
Kwiatkowski: these people will have to leave quickly
– We will calmly sort out this situation step by step – said on Friday in “Fakty po Faktach” Krzysztof Kwiatkowski, an independent senator, former president of the Supreme Audit Office and representative of the Senate in the National Council of the Judiciary.
As he emphasized, “one thing is repeated in all judgments of European tribunals – that the executive tried to influence the judiciary.”
– Disciplinary prosecutors, these three – (Michał) Lasota, (Piotr) Schab and (Przemysław) Radzik, a symbol of the worst influence on the justice system, these people will have to leave quickly – he said.
He added that new spokesmen should be selected “in consultation with the judicial community.” – Let it be a clear signal to institutions, including those we cooperate with, such as: European Unionthat the times when the executive power uses ombudsmen to put pressure on independent judges are over, he said.
Ujazdowski: the machine will start to rebuild what we call the rule of law
– We’ll get out of this step by step. These are truly the last moments of functioning of this institution (neo-KRS – ed.) in such a bad shape. I am deeply convinced that after the formation of the government, after the government will have the opportunity to govern, the situation will fundamentally change – said Senator Kazimierz Michał Ujazdowski (KP-PSL).
As he said, “a machine will be set in motion that will begin to actually rebuild what we call the rule of law or the civilized justice system.”
– Ultimately, this race is about giving citizens the right to an impartial court and a speedy trial, which did not exist in Poland – he explained.
“This looks like a team of hard-working people.”
On Friday, the leader of the Civic Coalition and the candidate of the parliamentary majority for prime minister Donald Tusk met with members of his future government. After about an hour of talks, Tusk appeared at a press conference. He said, among other things, that many decisions would have to be made quickly, “literally an hour after the appointment” of the new government. – There is really a lot of what we will do in the first hours – he added.
– This looks like a team of hard-working people, because there is really hard work ahead of them – commented Kwiatkowski. He added that he had no doubt that “they are united in one goal.”
He noted that there were people there with government experience. – There are resorts where this experience will actually be extremely useful. But we also have, especially in ministries such as the new minister for senior policy, this young spirit, this enthusiasm, the willingness to face new challenges. I think it’ll be a nice combination, a nice row. And I promise a lot from him – said Kwiatkowski.
Ujazdowski on Tusk’s government: I treat it as an expression of strength
– The Prime Minister (Tusk) has a very strong personality, but he will have to deal with a real coalition. But I treat it as an expression of strength, because the European standard is coalition governments, not single-party governments, Ujazdowski noted.
He added that “it is certainly a government with a large participation of the young generation compared to the government with the participation of the Platform before 2015.” – This can also be a strength – he said.
– We are at a moment when there is a war going on beyond our borders that may be won by Russia. The Russians have the opportunity to expand further and we should keep our fingers crossed for this government that these will be years not only of bringing PiS to justice and repairing the damage, but also of multiplying Poland’s potential, said Ujazdowski. In his opinion, “the rule of law and repairing the situation in the justice system are one of the priorities of this government.”
“It’s not the first time that the president has denied court judgments”
President Andrzej Duda signed the regulation this week, which changes the rules of procedure of the Supreme Court. In November, judge Włodzimierz Wróbel explained that the change would mean that “faultily appointed judges themselves could issue a ruling in their own case that would confirm that they are judges of the Supreme Court.” The regulation enters into force 14 days after its announcement.
– Why has the president now signed a change in the regulations that says that half of the full squad is? More than half of these judges are, of course, neo-judges and they will now happily claim that they were correctly elected. And why so quickly and so nervously? This presidential regulation requires a countersignature. Who signed it? Mateusz Morawiecki. Donald Tusk would never sign a document that would state things that cannot be stated because they are simply illegal, argued Kwiatkowski.
As he added, “the president is not the first and probably not the last time to deny the judgments of various courts, not only national but European.” – I assume that over time he will have to get used to the situation that, apart from the fact that, in his opinion, his finger heals everything, the worst mistakes in judicial nominations are made, there are also European tribunals, there are Polish courts and their judgments are also final – said the senator .
“Someone will finally say what the source of the real decision was”
On Thursday, MPs voted in favor of adopting the parliamentary draft resolution on the establishment of an investigative committee to examine the legality, regularity and purposefulness of the activities undertaken to prepare and carry out elections president in 2020 in the form of postal voting, i.e. envelope elections. 446 MPs voted in favor of establishing the commission, and no one voted against it. No one abstained.
– I assumed that there would be a bit of decency that, as everyone knows, Mateusz Morawiecki broke the law. We have this confirmed in the judgment of the administrative court in this case, to put it bluntly – he illegally organized elections without a legal basis. He organizes elections in Poland National Electoral Commission with the help of the administrative apparatus, including the National Electoral Office. As it turned out? That Poczta Polska with its mailboxes was to replace the Electoral Commission – said Kwiatkowski in “Fakty po Faktach”. “I’d love to know who gave the verbal orders,” he added.
– Morawiecki signed a specific document, breaking the law. But based on this document, squirrels in the city say that Mr. Jacek Sasin gave orders to representatives of one of the companies, i.e. Poczta Polska. And if you invite members of the management board of Poczta Polska to a committee meeting, and they are obliged to appear, I think they will be happy to answer the question of who gave them the orders, said the senator.
– Someone will finally say what the source of the real decision was – Ujazdowski echoed.
He also stated that “there are no grounds for PiS’s durability.” – PiS is in shock, so the first reaction is: “we will get back together”, but it is only a matter of time before deconstruction will take place – he said.