The 31-year-old bus driver heard the accusation of the murder of one person and the attempted murder of two people, the Katowice prosecutor’s office reported on Sunday. The man is suspected of having fatally hit a 19-year-old woman. The 31-year-old left the scene after the accident. He was to explain to the officers later that he had not noticed the deduction. A video has appeared on the network which shows that there had been a fight between several people before the tragedy.
Monika Łata from the District Prosecutor’s Office in Katowice said that the 31-year-old bus driver had been charged with the murder of one person and the attempted murder of two people. The man was brought to the Katowice-Północ District Prosecutor’s Office in Katowice on Sunday in connection with a tragic accident, which took place on Saturday before six in the morning in the area of Mickiewicza and Stawowa Streets in Katowice. A 31-year-old ran down a 19-year-old woman who died on the spot.
As Deputy Commissioner Agnieszka Żyłka, the press officer of the Municipal Police Headquarters in Katowice, reported on Saturday, the man left the scene after cutting off the 19-year-old. He was stopped only a few hundred meters away, in the area of the depot. He was to explain to the officers that he had not noticed the woman’s hitting.
The 31-year-old PKM Katowice driver was sober. His blood was taken for drug testing. As the subcommittee said. The line, the tests must be carried out in a certified laboratory, which will last from a few to several days.
A recording of witnesses from the incident appeared on the network
A video has appeared on the network showing what happened just before the woman was hit. Several people were fighting on the road, at one point the bus pulled up, stopped and honked. The participants of the fight did not leave the road, then the driver set off. The teenager disappeared under the wheels of the vehicle that was pulling her for several dozen meters. One of the men was pushed for several meters by a moving bus, the rest of the fighters fled to the sides.
The police have not commented on this recording yet.
According to the spokeswoman of the Katowice police, sub-commissioner Agnieszka Żyłka, on Saturday late afternoon numerous witnesses of the event were questioned. Some of them were under the influence of alcohol in the morning, so they will be interviewed on Sunday. The testimonies of individual witnesses are confronted with each other.
Police officers also analyze various types of recordings (including from city surveillance and cameras of nearby objects) of the accident. The culmination of the evidentiary activities is Sunday bringing the detained driver to the Katowice-North District Prosecutor’s Office, which supervises the proceedings in this case.
The Public Transport Authority issued a statement
The 19-year-old was run over by the 910 bus, operated – at the request of the Metropolitan Transport Authority – by PKM Katowice. On Saturday afternoon, the Katowice ZTM issued a statement on this matter.
“Today in the center of Katowice, before 6.00 a.m. a driver of PKM Katowice hit an outsider. As an organizer of public transport, we are shocked by this incident and we strongly condemn such situations. “- we read in the release.
“Relevant services appeared on the spot, including the police and the prosecutor’s office, explaining the circumstances. As the organizer of public transport, we declare full cooperation with the services” – added ZTM.
“I can’t even believe how it could have happened”
The head of the Metropolis GZM, which appointed ZTM as the organizer of transport in the agglomeration, Kazimierz Karolczak, also referred to the accident on Facebook.
“The dramatic accident that happened this morning with the participation of the PKM Katowice bus driver is something incomprehensible. I can’t even believe how it could have happened, but this tragic event happened. Compassion to the family and relatives, “wrote Karolczak, judging that” the film that appeared on the Internet is devastating. “
Representatives of the city of Katowice gave condolences to the relatives of the victim of the accident. “This morning there was a tragic incident on Mickiewicza Street. The bus hit a 19-year-old woman who, unfortunately, died. The case is being conducted by the Prosecutor’s Office and the Police. We express our deep sympathy to the family and relatives of the deceased” – wrote on the official profile of Katowice on the social networking site. According to local and regional media, the deceased 19-year-old orphaned two young children.
The accident took place in the area of Mickiewicza and Stawowa streets
Main photo source: TVN24