Firefighters from Kędzierzyn-Koźle (Opolskie Voivodeship) were called to one of the supermarkets. According to the staff, there was a hose in the refrigerator in the store. Firefighters caught the reptile and handed it over to the vet.
The incident happened on Saturday. “Today we received an unusual call. There is a hose in the refrigerator of the grocery store in Kędzierzyn-Koźle. Upon arrival, the content of the application was confirmed,” firefighters reported on social media.
– Customers noticed him, reported the matter to the store staff, who called the emergency number. When the firefighters arrived, the hose was behind the fridge – tells us Capt. Eng. Piotr Krok from the District Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Kędzierzyn-Koźle.
They captured the reptile, handed it over to the vet
One fire brigade and five rescuers joined the operation. – Firefighters caught the reptile. It was a quick and not too complicated action – emphasizes Krok. The snake turned out to be a non-venomous grass snake. He was handed over to the vet. In the photos that firefighters showed on social media, you can see the already caught grass snake.
Main photo source: District Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Kędzierzyn-Koźle