6.7 C
London
Saturday, February 24, 2024

Kevin Spacey – Sexual Offense Charges. The actor says he will face a British judge voluntarily

Must read

- Advertisement -


Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey said he would voluntarily appear in UK court “as soon as possible” to face sexual offense charges, Good Morning America reported on Tuesday.

Last week, the British reported that to the 62-year-old American actor Kevin Spacey has been charged with four sexual assaults on three men. He was also charged with “causing one person to participate in a penetrative sexual activity without consent”.

Police said the allegations relate to attacks in London and Gloucestershire between March 2005 and April 2013. The victims of the actor are to be men – one of them is over 40, and two are in their thirties.

Kevin SpaceyShutterstock

“I appreciate the prosecution’s statement which carefully reminded the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair trial and that I am innocent until proven otherwise,” Kevin Spacey’s Good Morning America statement quoted.

- Advertisement -

“At the same time, I am disappointed with the decision to bring the charges. I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as possible and defend myself against the charges and prove my innocence,” he added.

Charges of Harassment

In November 2017, the London-based Old Vic theater reported that it had received 20 separate allegations of Spacey’s misbehavior. Complaints came from 20 men who had contact with the actor in 1995-2013. The artist previously denied all accusations.

On November 2, 2017, CNN reported that the star created a “toxic” environment on the set of “House of Cards,” making offensive comments and committing inappropriate touching of young men without their consent. CNN then reached out to the eight men working on the show.

Main photo source: Matthias Balk / DPA / PAP



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article