Kinga Gajewska told “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 about the circumstances of the police intervention against her. This happened in Otwock. – I wanted to identify myself, but they held my hands, both hands. I was pulled and I couldn’t show my ID – she described the situation. She added that she would “definitely take legal action in this situation” and emphasized that the police did not tell the truth about the incident, pointing out in the message that the officers did not know that she was an MP. – The police were informed many times by the entire crowd, by MP (Paweł – ed.) Zalewski and by me – she explained.
The MP from the Civic Coalition was forcibly taken to a police car by police officers and dragged into it. The incident took place in Otwock, where the Prime Minister’s meeting was taking place Mateusz Morawiecki, recorded by the TVN24 camera. The Warsaw Police Headquarters issued three announcements regarding the incident.
Gajewska: The entire police cordon ran towards me
Gajewska told more about the circumstances of this incident in “Kropka nad i”.
– I came to Otwock today with a whole group of volunteers and we wanted to inform the inhabitants of Otwock, those who have access to only one news channel, i.e. TVP, about what is happening in Poland. I talked about 250,000 visas that were issued to people from African and Asian countries, and our visas were sold at stalls, she said.
The MP talked about what happened immediately before the police intervened against her. – Through a megaphone I said the words, and I quote: “250,000 people from Africa and Asia were allowed into Poland, and our visas were sold at stalls,” she reported. She said that then “a whole cordon of police” ran towards her. – I can’t even count how many policemen there were – she admitted.
– I told both the second and third policemen that I was an MP. The MP who was with me also informed me that I was an MP. The whole crowd shouted that I was an MP, she continued.
Gajewska: this situation has been happening on Polish streets for eight years
She also described in detail the moment when she wanted to identify herself.
– (The policeman said – editor) that “please come with me, let’s go to the police car.” I say no, I am an MP. (…). I wanted to identify myself, but they held my hands, both hands. I was dragged and I couldn’t show my ID, she said.
– But it is not important, because such a situation has been taking place on Polish streets for eight years. I would like to express my great words of appreciation for the women and men who protest on Polish streets, she added.
– I don’t want to regret my own fate. The most important thing is that this situation happens to other women. Barbara Nowacka She was hit with tear gas in her eyes. Mr. Kołodziejczak is being followed by the police. What the Polish police are doing, actually on party orders, is simply sad. But it will end, said the KO MP.
Gajewska: the policeman said he didn’t like the way I behaved
– The policeman in the police car informed me that he simply did not like my behavior and that this is not how the MP behaves. Should we not talk about what is happening in Poland? About 250,000 migrants who arrive here in no way, about corruption, about the fact that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has organized a group that simply lets people into Poland for money? – she continued.
When asked if the policeman was lecturing her for what she said, she replied “practically yes.” – He said he didn’t like the way I was behaving. Fortunately, it was recorded by multiple cameras, but there were also two cameras in the police car while we were discussing it. I hope it won’t happen as usual and that these recordings won’t just disappear, she said.
Gajewska on the police’s explanation: it’s not true
Gajewska was asked about the Warsaw police’s announcement. One of the KSP entries reads: “When the police intervened in Otwock against one of the people, they were not aware that they were dealing with Mrs. MP. Immediately after presenting the MP’s ID card, the ID card activities were discontinued.”
– That’s not true. The police were informed many times by the entire crowd, by MP (Paweł – ed.) Zalewski and by me personally, individually. But I also shouted loudly that “I am an MP and please let me go,” she pointed out.
– I will definitely take legal action. At this point, I am in contact with attorney Jacek Dubois, who will represent me. I won’t leave this matter as it is. However, all opposition MPs are determined to talk about it (the visa scandal). This one situation won’t stop us. We will talk about bribery, corruption, and what is happening in our country. And this will reach even those who have access to only one information channel, Gajewska announced.
The police publish the recordings
Around 11 p.m., after the broadcast of the program with Kinga Gajewska, the Warsaw police published three recordings of the intervention against the MP on social media – from the camera on the uniform of one of the policemen.
“We are transparent. Full recording, uncensored, thanks to body-worn cameras that we systematically equip police officers with. Police officers are not obliged to know each of the 460 MPs and 100 senators,” it was written in a comment to each of them.
Main photo source: TVN24