7.1 C
London
Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Kłudzienko. Three people were poisoned by carbon monoxide

Must read

- Advertisement -


In the village of Kłudzienko near Grodzisk Mazowiecki, two women and a child were poisoned by carbon monoxide. They were taken to the hospital. The chad was also escaping in the building next door.

We received information about the intervention of firefighters in Kłudzienko on Kontakt 24. It was confirmed in an interview with tvnwarszawa.pl by Krzysztof Stefaniak, press officer of the Poviat Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Grodzisk Mazowiecki.

– Around 3 o’clock we received a call about a woman collapsing in the bathroom. Two fire engines were dispatched to the spot. Upon arrival, firefighters found carbon monoxide escaping in the apartment, Stefaniak said. The firefighter added that the Medical Rescue Team that arrived at the scene examined a total of three people, including a child. “All three people with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning were taken to the hospital,” he said.

Stefaniak also informed that carbon monoxide was also detected in the second segment of the building, where there were a total of seven people, including four children. They did not require hospitalization. After being examined by medics, they remained on the spot. – The actions of the firefighters on the spot consisted in securing the scene, ventilating the rooms and disconnecting the gas installation – added Krzysztof Stefaniak.

- Advertisement -

Firefighters call for detectors to be installed

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas. In the human respiratory system, it binds to hemoglobin 250 times faster than oxygen, blocking the flow of the latter to the body. Symptoms of mild poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness and nausea. The consequence of acute poisoning – at high concentrations of this gas – may be irreversible damage to the central nervous system, circulatory and respiratory failure and death.

Carbon monoxide is produced during the incomplete combustion of combustible materials, which occurs when there is a lack of oxygen in the surrounding atmosphere. It has strong toxic properties.

Firefighters remind you to install carbon monoxide detectors in buildings.

Read also: The child lost consciousness while taking a bath. There was a leak in the bathroom

In Mysiadle, a child was poisoned by carbon monoxideArtur Węgrzynowicz/tvnwarszawa.pl

Main photo source: Shutterstock



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article