5.5 C
London
Saturday, January 22, 2022

Krystek may be released soon. The sentence ends, there is no arrest

Must read

- Advertisement -


Krystian W., 44, ends on November 21 for the rape of a 17-year-old girl. The second sentence – for contacts of a sexual nature with minors – has not yet become final. Meanwhile, in another case, where he is accused of over 60 crimes, including 40 related to sexual acts, he does not have a court consent to pre-trial detention. According to the court, which drew attention to the length of the prosecution’s actions, “an isolation preventive measure cannot replace the execution of a possible penalty”. If the next Wednesday the court rejects another request from the prosecutor’s office, the man will have the right to be released after serving the sentence he is currently serving.

– If our application is rejected, we have a situation where on November 21 the accused ends his sentence and may be released – Grażyna Wawryniuk from the District Prosecutor’s Office in Gdańsk explained to us. The defendant is 44-year-old Krystian W. from Sopot, known as Krystek, who allegedly sexually abused young women and teenagers, and committed fraud.

– The prosecutor, knowing that the sentence imposed in another case was coming to an end, saw the need to secure the course of the proceedings pending before the court, and therefore presented a motion for pre-trial detention of the accused at the hearing on October 13. The prosecutor pointed out that there is a fear of fraud and that the accused is facing severe punishment – says Wawryniuk.

Who is the “teenager hunter”? Read the report in TVN24 Magazine.

“Krystek” was supposed to force girls to have sex and then blackmail them with recordingsTVN’s attention

- Advertisement -

Detention for over 2 years

However, the motion for arrest was negatively examined by the District Court in Wejherowo. As Tomasz Adamski, spokesman of the District Court in Gdańsk, explains, according to the court, an isolation precautionary measure cannot replace the execution of a possible penalty. – The court did not accept this request, pointing out that a significant part of the evidentiary proceedings had already been carried out, most of the witnesses had been questioned, the court read and reconstructed the testimonies of the victims. In this situation, there are no major concerns that the accused may have a destabilizing effect on the course of the proceedings, including persuading witnesses to give false testimony. There is also no fear that the accused would go into hiding – the court may continue the proceedings even in his absence. The court also pointed to the long duration of pre-trial detention, Adamski told us.

The prosecutor appealed against the court’s decision, but on November 10 the court rejected the appeal. – In the opinion of the District Court, the District Court rightly did not accept the prosecutor’s request for pre-trial detention of the accused, because due to the fact that pre-trial detention had already been used against the accused for a period of more than two years, the District Court was not entitled to do so, to re-apply pre-trial detention yourself. Such a decision may possibly be taken by the Court of Appeal at the request of the District Court – explained Adamski.

The prosecutor has submitted another application and it is to be examined next Wednesday, November 17. If he also falls, Krystek will be able to enjoy freedom, at least for some time.

“Krystek” is well known in the Tricity underworld

Over 30 girls were injured

In 2018, Krystian W. heard the first sentence – three years in prison for the rape of a 17-year-old girl. It is this sentence that ends on November 21.

Meanwhile, the prosecution conducted two cases against the man. In one of them, on October 14 this year, a sentence was passed. Krystian W. was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for contact with a minor of a sexual nature. One of the two injured teenagers was Anaid, whose story we reported. The day after meeting Krystek, she committed suicide. This sentence has not come into force yet. The prosecution demanded that W. await the validation of the sentence in custody, but the court rejected this request.

First, the court in 2019 lifted the 44-year-old’s arrest because he had been in prison since November 2018 for raping a 17-year-old girl. Since then, there has been no detention order for Krystian W.

The main case of Krystek has been pending before the District Court in Wejherowo since January 2019 – is charged with 65 crimes, including 40 of a sexual nature. Among the acts he was to commit were rape, attempted rape, and intercourse with a minor. The prosecutor’s office reached out to 33 injured women. The man was also allegedly extorting credits, loans and compensations.

Krystek pleads not guilty. The detention requested by the prosecutor’s office concerns precisely this trial.

Main photo source: TVN’s attention



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article