On Wednesday, the cornerstone was laid for the construction of the Center for Child and Youth Psychiatry and Oncology. The first center of this type in our country is being created thanks to the donors of the TVN Foundation. – I am extremely proud that, together with the Children’s Memorial Health Institute, we can create something that is so terribly important – said Kasia Kieli, President and Managing Director of Warner Bros. Discovery in Poland and chairman of the TVN Foundation Council. – This is a very important and touching day for us – said Katarzyna Kolenda-Zaleska, president of the TVN Foundation.
On Wednesday morning, the cornerstone ceremony for the construction of the Center for Child and Youth Psychiatry and Oncology took place. In addition to the Psychiatry Center, the Oncology Clinic will be moved to the building. TVN Foundation is financially responsible for the psychiatry segment.
The decision to build a Child and Youth Psychiatry Center was made by the TVN Foundation on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of TVN24. It will be the first treatment center of this type in Poland, and is being built in concert and on the premises of the Children’s Health Center in Warsaw. Its construction started in 2021 and is to be completed by the end of 2023.
The ceremony was attended by, among others: Kasia Kieli, President and Managing Director of Warner Bros. Discovery in Poland and chairman of the TVN Foundation Council, Katarzyna Kolenda-Zaleska, president of the TVN Foundation and Marek Migdał, director of the “Monument – Children’s Health Center” Institute.
– This ceremony was supposed to take place when the first shovels for the construction of this building were hammered, that is last year (…) But there was a covid and we could not invite you – said the director of CZD.
– We believe that in June 2024, in less than two years, this building will start to function as a reference place for the treatment of children requiring support due to mental health disorders at all levels, starting from the clinic, day ward and also this in-patient ward – said Marek Migdał .
Kasia Kieli: we want to help and be where this help is most needed
– I am extremely proud that, together with the Children’s Memorial Health Institute, we can create something that is so terribly important. The problems of child psychiatry are pressing, she said. She added that the problems of child psychiatry appeared “even before the pandemic and the war in Ukraine”.
“As we know, these events only make it an even more pressing need,” Kieli said.
– We want to help and be where this help is most needed. We are talking about child psychiatry, we talked in our programs on our antennas. Now we are doing something that is tangible, that will exist thanks to the foundation – she emphasized.
– The foundation exists thanks to the state, it exists thanks to TVN viewers, donors who never wait and come up to our every call, mobilize, open their hearts, wallets and support the foundation – she said.
– Together, we are building a center that is unique, which – as the director mentioned – will be a reference center for the whole of Poland, which is so much needed – she added.
Katarzyna Kolenda-Zaleska about a place that will give hope
Kataryna Kolenda-Zaleska said that “it is a very important and touching day for us”. – We are proud of what we have managed to create. We are glad that we can share our joy and pride with you, with hospital employees, our bosses, with my colleagues from TVN24 and TVN, because thanks to you we can do what we do best, i.e. act – she said. And she added: – We like to act the most, to do what we can do, in these difficult, overwhelming times – because not only children are overwhelmed by the gloomy reality – together to create a place that will give some hope and this is the most important for us.
She also thanked you for your continued support.
During the ceremony, the President of the TVN Foundation received a friend’s medal of the Children’s Memorial Health Institute.
Construction of the Child and Youth Psychiatry Center
The six thousand square meters will house inpatient detoxification, day clinics and therapy rooms. The new building will also be used to treat children with cancer.
The Children’s and Youth Psychiatry Center will house a day care unit that will provide assistance to approximately 30 patients a day, and a stationary hospital unit with 32 beds (including six beds in the observation unit, four beds in the detoxification unit and 22 beds in the hospital ward). The Center will also have a psychiatric clinic with three doctor’s offices, two group therapy rooms, a family therapy room, a sexologist’s office and a treatment room.
The patients of the Center will have the opportunity to use the full diagnostics available at the Children’s Health Center, including tomography, MRI or a wide range of laboratory tests.
You can support the TVN Foundation on her sideby screenshot or by sending an SMS saying “I’m helping” to the number 7356 (SMS cost PLN 3.69 incl. VAT). Funds that will become a contribution to the construction of the Center for Child and Youth Psychiatry can also be transferred via BLIK (to the number 509 559 966) and via a traditional transfer to the account PL 25 1140 1010 0000 2581 1800 1001.
>> See “System Depression” cycle – a series of materials devoted to the problems of child psychiatry in Poland
The psychiatry center will join the long list of projects implemented by the TVN Foundation. It includes, among others: Cancer Prevention Center, renovation of clinics in the largest Polish medical centers, equipment purchases, 20 new ambulances plus individual assistance for over 27,000 people under the care of the Foundation. All this would not be possible without the donations of Poles who trusted the Foundation.
If you are experiencing emotional problems and want advice or support, here you will find a list of organizations offering professional help.
Main photo source: TVN24