4.1 C
London
Saturday, March 2, 2024

Lebork. Fire of a block of flats on Jagiellońska Street, two people are dead

Must read

- Advertisement -


Two people died in a fire in an apartment in Lębork (Pomeranian Voivodeship). When firefighters arrived, the fire was almost completely extinguished by the remaining residents of the block, but the lives of the tenants could not be saved.

The fire broke out on Monday at 15:39 in a block of flats at Jagiellońska Street in Lębork. We received information about the event and photos on Contact24.

– The duty officer sent three hosts of PSP and one host of the TSO from Lębork to the place. By the time firefighters arrived, the fire had almost been extinguished by neighbors. During the operation, it turned out that there were two people in the apartment. One person was evacuated to the corridor, the other person was resuscitated by firefighters and policemen in the apartment. The rescue operation was later taken over by paramedics who, after some time, withdrew from further action. The fire brigade completed its activities on the spot – reported senior captain Marcin Elwart, press officer of the Poviat Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Lębork.

A fire in an apartment in LęborkContact24

Two people are dead

- Advertisement -

Asp. Marta Szałkowska from the Poviat Police Headquarters in Lębork confirmed that two people could not be saved.

– These people are dead. According to preliminary information, the chair caught fire. Most likely, the residents suffered from smoke inhalation. The prosecutor went there. It is possible that the bodies will be secured for post-mortem examination, the policewoman informed.

She reported that the dead were aged 81 and 84.

A fire in an apartment in Lębork at ul. Jagiellońska, February 27, 2023Contact24

Main photo source: Contact24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article