Moussa Dembele has warned his Lyon team-mates to count on quite a lot of noise at Ibrox however experiences in France declare the previous Celtic striker will miss the sport towards Rangers.
Dembele has scored 4 targets in three video games forward of Thursday’s Europa League group opener however experiences in French media say the 25-year-old will miss out on a visit to Glasgow due to a muscle damage.
An interview with Dembele appeared on Lyon’s official web site on Tuesday night with no point out of his health points.
Dembele, who scored seven targets towards Rangers in two seasons in Scotland, mentioned: “I’ve had some nice battles towards this staff. I do know what to anticipate. It is a staff that performs properly on the ball and offers their all. I scored my first hat-trick towards them.
“I’ve performed within the Champions League in Scotland. I’ve seen some fairly loopy atmospheres. There’s going to be quite a lot of noise on Thursday.”
Dembele has set his sights excessive within the match.
“It is an incredible competitors with very nice groups,” he mentioned. “It is our Champions League.
“We should give our all and present Europe what we’re able to. Profitable this competitors is a aim. We’ve to win each match.”
Filip Helander has had surgical procedure on a knee drawback which can maintain him out for “the foreseeable future”, based on Rangers supervisor Steven Gerrard.
The defender was carried off on a stretcher after pulling up within the second half of Saturday’s Premiership match towards St Johnstone at McDiarmid Park.
Gerrard has the rest of his squad obtainable to him, together with Connor Goldson after the defender missed the St Johnstone match on account of Covid-19 isolation.
Lyon obtained a lift when the Scottish Authorities granted an exemption for 3 of their worldwide gamers to enter the nation regardless of lately visiting red-list international locations.
Brazil pair Bruno Guimaraes and Lucas Paqueta and Zimbabwe’s Tino Kadewere have all been granted a reprieve.
Nonetheless, French newspaper L’Equipe has reported former Liverpool winger Xherdan Shaqiri will miss the journey as a result of he’s not but totally vaccinated.
Tips on how to comply with
Comply with Rangers vs Lyon with our devoted reside weblog throughout Sky Sports activities’ digital platforms.
- Rangers and Lyon have confronted beforehand within the 2007-08 UEFA Champions League group levels – on each events, the away facet received 3-0.
- Rangers received their first 4 residence main UEFA European video games towards French opponents between 1956 and 1971 however are winless of their final eight such matches (D3 L5), although their final recreation was towards Lyon in December 2007.
- Lyon have solely misplaced one in every of their 18 UEFA Europa League group stage matches (W11 D6), dropping 1-0 to Atalanta in what was their most up-to-date group recreation in December 2017.
- Rangers have misplaced none of their final 10 UEFA Europa League group stage matches (W5 D5) since a 2-1 defeat to Younger Boys in October 2019. They’ve by no means misplaced a gaggle stage match within the competitors at Ibrox (P9 W5 D4).
- Together with qualifiers, Rangers have misplaced two of their final three residence matches in European competitors, yet one more than of their earlier 23 at Ibrox (W16 D6).
When are the Europa League group stage video games?
Matchday 1: September 16 2021
Matchday 2: September 30 2021
Matchday 3: October 21 2021
Matchday 4: November 4 2021
Matchday 5: November 25 2021
Matchday 6: December 9 2021
Spherical of 16: March 10 & 17 2022
Quarter-finals: April 7 & 14 2022
Semi-finals: April 28 & Could 5 2022
Closing: Could 18 2022 (Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, Seville)