Group information, stats and prediction forward of Southampton vs Leicester within the Premier League on Wednesday; kick-off 7.30pm.
Defender Jack Stephens might return to the Southampton squad for Wednesday’s Premier League conflict with Leicester.
Stephens is again in coaching after greater than two months out with a knee harm and could possibly be concerned because the Saints try and bounce again from defeats at Norwich and Liverpool of their final two video games.
Moussa Djenepo also needs to be out there after recovering from a knock, however fellow midfielder Stuart Armstrong (calf) remains to be out.
Southampton provisional squad: McCarthy, Forster, Walker-Peters, Livramento, Salisu, Stephens, Bednarek, Lyanco, Perraud, Valery, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Diallo, Smallbone, Elyounoussi, Walcott, Djenepo, Tella, A. Armstrong, Adams, Broja, Lengthy.
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has the identical squad at his disposal as for the weekend win over Watford.
Belgium midfielder Youri Tielemans is nearing a return after lacking the final three video games with a calf downside however just isn’t fairly prepared but.
Ricardo Pereira (hamstring) and long-term absentees James Justin and Wesley Fofana stay out.
Leicester provisional squad: Schmeichel, Ward, Jakupovic, Castagne, Thomas, Bertrand, Soyuncu, Nelson, Evans, Amartey, Vestergaard, Ndidi, Daley-Campbell, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Corridor, Soumare, Maddison, Albrighton, Barnes, Marcal-Madivadua, Lookman, Vardy, Perez, Iheanacho, Daka.
How you can comply with
Comply with Southampton vs Leicester in our devoted stay match weblog. Highlights may even be revealed on the Sky Sports activities digital platforms and the Sky Sports activities Soccer YouTube channel after full-time.
Jones Is aware of prediction
One outcome just isn’t sufficient to persuade me Brendan Rodgers has Leicester again to the place he needs them.
The 4-2 win over Watford showcased what a lethal finisher Jamie Vardy nonetheless is nevertheless it additionally rammed house the purpose that, as a defensive unit, Leicester stay all around the store. Watford created an anticipated objectives determine of two.7 on the King Energy, highlighting simply what number of instances Rodgers’ workforce had been lower open. Solely Newcastle have confronted extra pictures than Leicester (207) this season.
In the meantime, Southampton definitely look the higher balanced workforce with Ralph Hasenhuttl. Earlier than the hammering at Liverpool, he had managed to shore up what has been a really leaky defence. The house win is fancied at 13/10 with Sky Wager.
Che Adams is totally reaping the advantages of Hasenhuttl’s means in bettering gamers. He has grabbed the accountability of being Southampton’s principal man in assault with each palms and has transferred that type to the worldwide stage with Scotland, too. With Leicester’s issues by way of the centre of their defence, Adams is sure to get possibilities so as to add to his tally of 5 objectives in his final seven video games for membership and nation. He can rating in a house win.
SCORE PREDICTION: 2-1
- Southampton have had a participant despatched off in every of their final three house league video games in opposition to Leicester – Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in 2018-19, Ryan Bertrand in 2019-20 and Jannik Vestergaard final season.
- After successful simply three of their first 38 away league video games in opposition to Southampton (D14 L21), Leicester have now received on three of their final 4 visits to St Mary’s (D1) whereas netting 16 objectives within the course of.
- To date in 2021, Southampton have misplaced six of their seven midweek Premier League video games (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), successful the opposite. Saints have conceded 25 objectives in these seven video games, together with a 9-0 loss at Manchester United in February.
- Southampton’s house video games have seen fewer objectives scored than another aspect within the Premier League this season (9), with Saints scoring 5 and conceding 4 of their six video games at St Mary’s to date this time period.
- Leicester Metropolis have each scored and conceded in every of their final 13 Premier League away video games (F20 A21) – in Premier League historical past, solely Blackburn have had an extended run of each scoring and conceding in consecutive away video games (14 between Might 2011 and February 2012).
Premier League Review: Was Carrick right to drop Ronaldo? Pressure on Rafa ahead of derby, Howe’s problems and title tips
On the most recent Important Soccer Podcast Alice Piper is joined by Sky Sports activities soccer writers Gerard Model and Ben Grounds to look again on one other massive weekend at each ends of the Premier League desk after Chelsea’s lead slipped following a 1-1 draw with Man Utd at Stamford Bridge.
PART 1 | Was Michael Carrick proper to choose in opposition to beginning Cristiano Ronaldo – and will United have signed him in any respect? United’s interim-to-the-interim supervisor’s techniques are assessed forward of Ralph Rangnick’s arrival, questions raised over Chelsea’s attacking prowess, whereas will Arsenal fancy dealing with this United aspect subsequent given their very own type?
PART 2 | The place does one other unhealthy outcome at Brentford go away Everton boss Rafa Benitez forward of the Merseyside derby in midweek? Do Liverpool have something to concern? And the curious case of Marcelo Bielsa and Kalvin Phillips…
PART 3 | Newcastle present Eddie Howe the size of the duty forward of him with a six-pointer in opposition to Norwich subsequent up, Aston Villa grind their approach to victory once more – and with two factors separating the highest three, who’s going to win the Premier League?