A trial against 21-year-old Adrian R., accused of brutal murder of his ex-partner, has started before the court in Lodz. According to the prosecutor’s office, after the crime, the young man kidnapped the woman’s child and abandoned it in the window of life. The tragedy happened in Pabianice (Łódź Voivodeship). The accused pleaded not guilty.
The trial started on Thursday (December 9) in front of the District Court in Łódź. The prosecutor, who read the indictment, emphasized that in the course of the investigation a knife was found, with which the accused was to inflict fatal blows. It revealed the victim’s DNA. The genetic code of the killed woman was also found on the clothes of the 21-year-old. In addition, as reported by the prosecutor’s office, the man is also burdened with the surveillance cameras: on the day of the crime, one of the cameras recorded him walking with a small child in his arms.
Adrian R. pleaded not guilty before the court and refused to explain. After opening the trial, the court heard the mother of the killed woman:
– I was at work when my younger daughter called. She said that “I think it was Adrian and he killed Marta” – the woman said.
She added that the accused accused her daughter of wanting to “frame him in paternity”. The man was to pressure his ex-partner to terminate the pregnancy. Subsequent DNA testing revealed that Adrian R. was not the biological father of the child.
Young woman in the blood and a child in the window of life
To the tragedy happened on December 7, 2020, around 1pm. It was then that a man came to an apartment in the Piaski estate in Pabianice. There was a seven-year-old girl, her 20-year-old sister and her eight-month-old baby. The seven-year-old was in a different part of the apartment. She did not go to her sister’s room until the man had left. There she saw a 20-year-old lying in a pool of blood. There was no baby in the apartment.
– The girl alerted her parents and they called the services. When the policemen appeared in front of the block, there was already an ambulance on the spot – the junior inspector Joanna Kącka from the Łódź voivodeship headquarters told about the activities of the police.
Unfortunately, the life of the 20-year-old could not be saved. There was a large wound to her neck – most likely a knife. The policemen knew they had to find the killer as soon as possible and find out what happened to the baby.
– The seven-year-old knew that someone had visited her sister, but she did not know who it was – the policewoman noted.
When the case was given the highest priority, the police received a report about a child left in the window of life at the Pabianice hospital. Employees of the Pabianice Medical Center immediately reported that the case was very suspicious, because the child left behind was not a newborn. Soon it turned out to be the murder victim’s daughter.
Initially, he “confirmed participation in the event”
The District Prosecutor’s Office in Pabianice accused the 21-year-old today of the former partner of the killed woman of the murder. The man was detained shortly after the crime. Initially, he pleaded guilty:
– During the initial conversation with the policemen, overwhelmed by the evidence gathered by the officers, he confirmed his participation in the incident – said Kącka.
But then the young man changed his mind. When he was brought before the prosecutor, he no longer pleaded guilty and refused to explain.
He was sane
The prosecution indicated in the indictment that Adrian R was sober at the time of committing the crime and was not under the influence of any psychoactive substances.
– According to the appointed experts, at the time of committing the alleged acts he was fully sane – informed Krzysztof Kopania from the District Prosecutor’s Office in Łódź.
The prosecutor reported that the accused met the 20-year-old in June 2019. Their relationship worsened when a woman gave birth to a daughter in March 2020. Soon after the day of the murder, a trial was to be held as to whether R. was the girl’s father.
The crime took place in Pabianice
Main photo source: TVN24 Lodz