The organizers of the initiative to organize a referendum on the dismissal of the mayor of Łódź did not collect enough signatures. – We missed about four thousand signatures – said Agnieszka Wojciechowska van Heukel, the representative of the referendum committee.
The deadline for submitting the application with the required number of signatures was on Tuesday, August 31. The organizers of the initiative to dismiss Hanna Zdanowska from the post did not do it, because they did not manage to convince enough people to participate in the referendum.
– We missed about four thousand signatures – said Agnieszka Wojciechowska van Heukelom, representative of the referendum committee.
She added that approx. 47 thousand. of the required over 51 thousand signatures.
– It was not possible to bring about a referendum, but the number of signatures is impressive considering the conditions in which we have to seek the support of the inhabitants of Łódź – she said.
“We don’t lay down our arms”
Wojciechowska van Heukelom announces that she “does not lay down her arms” and will continue to “point out mistakes to the city authorities”.
– After all, such a number of signatures is a great success, because we have activated the inhabitants, and we did not have political support – she said.
She added that during the 60 days of collecting signatures, “many scandals in the team of President Zdanowska” were publicized.
– We exposed the so-called Łódź system through the behavior of the chairman and councilors and officials supporting the mayor of Łódź, who tried to defame and intimidate us – he emphasizes.
The data will not be disclosed
Agnieszka Wojciechowska van Heukelom assured that the committee submitted a protocol on the commission destruction of signatures of people supporting the referendum to the Łódź branch of the National Electoral Office.
– None of the signatories may disclose their data. In accordance with the law, we have destroyed the signatures, and the letters that will still come by post will also be destroyed – emphasized Wojciechowska van Heukelom.
Criticism of power
In Łódź, signatures were collected from the beginning of July on the motion for a referendum on the dismissal of Hanna Zdanowska (KO). In order to organize a referendum on the motion, 10 percent had to be signed. entitled to vote – that is over 51 thousand. people.
Among the accusations against Zdanowska, her opponents most often mention bad – in their opinion – city management and debts in Łódź, defective investments, too high salaries of officials, especially those “responsible for propaganda”.
Hanna Zdanowska has been the president of Łódź since 2010
Main photo source: tvn24