1.2 C
London
Sunday, February 25, 2024

Łódzkie: firefighters from Volunteer Fire Department Adamów prevented a large grain fire. The fire appeared after a broken power cable fell to the ground

Must read

- Advertisement -


Firefighters from the Volunteer Fire Department in Adamów near Aleksandrów Łódzki prevented a large fire of several hectares of rye. The fire appeared in the town of Nowy Adamów. Dry grass caught fire right next to the field. As firefighters say – there was a broken power cable on the ground. – If not for a quick reaction, the losses could be huge – says Tomasz Adamiak, the head of the Volunteer Fire Department in Adamów.

The incident took place on Wednesday (July 13) in the town of Nowy Adamów. Four fire brigades went to the site. – We received a notification that there was a fire near Dobra Wróżki Street, where there is a large field with grain – says Tomasz Adamiak, the head of the Volunteer Fire Department in Adamów. He added that when the firefighters arrived, it turned out that there was dry grass burning next to the field. – If not for our quick reaction, the losses could be huge, we have a field nearby with several hectares of grain – said the firefighter.

The firefighters prevented a grain fireVolunteer Fire Department Adamów

Broken power cable

Firefighters who worked on site found a broken power cable. “This cable, the locals said, had been lying for a long time.” The locals saw him during his walks, he was broken and it is not known if it was reported to energy specialists – wonders the head of the Volunteer Fire Department in Adamów.

- Advertisement -

The firefighters prevented a grain fireVolunteer Fire Department Adamów

Vine streaked branches

A spokeswoman for PGE Dystrybucja in Łódź – Alina Chwiejczak informed the tvn24.pl portal that in the place where the fire occurred, a cable was broken that could spark. The reason was the overgrown branches of trees. – The energy ambulance service who arrived at the site confirmed that a phase wire in the low voltage line was broken. Most likely, the reason was the branches of trees growing in the rope, which caused a short circuit and break the cable in the event of violent gusts of wind. The workers of the energy emergency service repaired the broken network and cut the branches on an ad hoc basis, a PGE spokeswoman told us. – We appeal to residents to properly maintain greenery located on private plots, where the owner of the property is directly responsible for the condition of the trees. If you find any irregularities, please report this fact to energy professionals, without waiting for something to happen – concluded Alina Chwiejczak, a spokeswoman for PGE Dystrybucja in Łódź.

The firefighters prevented a grain fireVolunteer Fire Department Adamów

Firemen from Volunteer Fire Department Adamów prevented a grain fire

Main photo source: Volunteer Fire Department Adamów



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article