3.9 C
London
Friday, March 1, 2024

London. Mother and children doused with a corrosive substance. A manhunt for the perpetrator

Must read

- Advertisement -


London police have published photos of a man wanted in connection with the attack on a 31-year-old woman and her daughters, who were doused with a corrosive substance. According to the police, the man “may have serious injuries to the right side of his face.” “You should not approach him,” the services emphasize.

A 31-year-old woman and her daughters – aged eight and three – were taken to hospital after being doused with a corrosive substance on Lessar Avenue in south London on Wednesday. On Thursday, the police announced that the 31-year-old woman and her younger daughter suffered “serious injuries”, and that the attack also injured four people who came to help the family and five officers who intervened. At the same time, the police announced that they had launched a manhunt for the perpetrator of the attack.

The attack took place on Lessar Avenue in south LondonReuters

SEE ALSO: After his wife’s murder, he was on the run for over 30 years

- Advertisement -

He poured a corrosive substance on a 31-year-old woman and her children

On the same day, London police announced that the wanted man was Abdul Shokoor Ezedi. “You should not approach him,” the message emphasized, appealing to anyone who notices the man to contact him and adding that the wanted man “may have serious injuries to the right side of his face.”

Abdul Shokoor EzediMetropolitan Police Service

The BBC reported that Ezedi was from Afghanistan and arrived in the UK in 2016. – We believe that the man and the woman (31-year-old victim – ed.) know each other – Superintendent Gabriel Cameron said Thursday. A source familiar with the matter told Reuters that Ezedi had been granted asylum in Britain and had a previous conviction for sexual assault.

Abdul Shokoor EzediMetropolitan Police Service

“Wednesday’s attack on a mother and her two children in Clapham was terrifying,” British Home Secretary James Cleverly said in a statement on Friday. “My thoughts are with them and the brave passers-by and policemen who intervened,” he noted, adding that it would be “inappropriate” to comment further on the case due to the ongoing investigation.

Former Immigration Secretary Robert Jenrick called on Rishi Sunak’s government to carry out a “thorough audit” into why Ezedi was allowed to remain in the UK. As Reuter reminds, the issue of asylum seekers is the subject of a “hot political debate” in the UK.

SEE ALSO: A gunman opened fire in a cinema in Liverpool. Man detained after a raid

Main photo source: Reuters



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article