9.7 C
Saturday, December 9, 2023

Lubaczów. Carbon monoxide poisoning, four people in hospital, including a child

Must read

- Advertisement -

Four people, including a two-year-old child, were taken to hospital with suspicion of carbon monoxide poisoning in one of the apartments in Lubaczów (Podkarpackie Voivodeship). According to firefighters, the source of the carbon monoxide gas was probably the stove. The concentration of toxic gas was very high.

Four people were taken to hospital on the night from Saturday to Sunday with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. The incident took place in one of the apartments of a multi-family house in Lubaczów in Podkarpacie. According to firefighters, three adults and a two-year-old child needed help.

Fire brigade: the source of the carbon monoxide gas was most likely the stove

As Brigadier Marcin Betleja, press officer of the Podkarpacie fire brigade, informed us, the injured were conscious.

- Advertisement -

Read also: Toxic gas was collecting in the bathroom. The 14-year-old was taken to hospital

– Our meters showed a very high concentration of toxic carbon monoxide in the apartment. The source was most likely a stove used to heat the apartment, Betleja emphasized.

Deadly carbon monoxide

According to the spokesman of the Podkarpackie Guard, this year firefighters in the voivodeship have already responded to nearly 140 interventions related to the presence of carbon monoxide. Four people died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning and 57 were admitted to hospitals.

– We appeal for common sense. Let’s check the devices that we use every day to heat our houses and apartments. Let’s check chimneys, ventilation and exhaust ducts (…). It is absolutely forbidden to cover ventilation grilles in bathrooms. Let’s install a carbon monoxide detector. Only this device is able to detect the concentration of this toxic gas in the air, said Marcin Betleja.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoningKG PSP

Carbon monoxide – what you need to knowPAP

Main photo source: TVN24

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article