Two individuals have died and one other 10 have been injured in Madrid after a restaurant fireplace – believed to have been began by a waiter flambeing a dish.
The fireplace passed off at Burro Canaglia Bar and Resto, an Italian restaurant within the Salamanca district of the Spanish capital on Friday.
Eyewitnesses claimed the fireplace began after a waiter carried out a flambe – a cooking method the place meals is doused in alcohol earlier than being set alight.
The flames from the dish unfold to the partitions and ceiling, the eyewitness instructed Spain’s El Pais newspaper.
Emergency companies stated the fireplace began close to the restaurant’s entrance and blocked the principle escape route for diners.
Spanish police are investigating the reason for the fireplace.