KO MP Joanna Kluzik-Rostkowska and PiS MP Arkadiusz Czartoryski commented in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24, among others, on the parliamentary speech of Mateusz Morawiecki. The former minister of national education assessed that the head of government “was afraid that what he wanted to do would be badly received, that he would lose support”. In her opinion, “we have been moving away from the European Union for six years.” MP Czartoryski, in turn, said that the Prime Minister’s speech was very “pro-European”.
During his speech, the Prime Minister said that “we should not discuss polexitbecause there is no such thing. “And he added:” These are the next great lies of Tusk, which the Poles perfectly recognize.
Kluzik-Rostkowska: We have been moving away from the EU for six years
The Prime Minister’s speech, as well as Poland’s relations with the EU, were discussed in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 by Joanna Kluzik-Rostkowska, a member of the Civic Coalition and Arkadiusz Czartoryski, a member of the PiS club.
– When the prime minister came out and started to speak, I thought that there was definitely something to the matter, because only the guilty ones were explaining themselves – said Kluzik-Rostkowska. In her opinion, “we have been moving away from the European Union for six years, we are on its periphery”.
“At the moment, there is a really big question mark as to whether we will leave this Union or not,” he continued. The deputy said that “the prime minister was afraid that what he wanted to do would be badly received, that he would lose support”.
Czartoryski: the prime minister’s speech is very pro-European
MP Czartoryski said that the Prime Minister’s speech was very “pro-European”. Referring to the accusations of Kluzik-Rostkowska that the ruling camp wants to lead to Poland’s exit from the EU, he replied that “it is something else to discuss what this discussion should look like, how European integration should proceed, and something else when we impute to someone that he is in favor of leaving the European Union. “
In the context of anti-EU sentiments in the ruling camp, Czartoryski was asked if he agreed with the words of the current judge of the Constitutional Tribunal, and earlier a PiS deputy Krystyna Pawłowicz, who in 2013 referred to the EU flag as an “EU rag”.
– I would not say that, although I respect Ms Krystyna Pawłowicz for her enormous achievements in life. He is a very colorful character – replied the MP.
– I voted in favor of joining the European Union, I believe that the constitution is above the treaties, which does not mean that the treaties should not be respected – he added.
Kluzik-Rostkowska: securing the borders does not exclude a humanitarian approach
The guests of “Kropka nad i” also discussed the situation on the Polish-Belarusian border. On Thursday, the Seym passed a law on building security on the Polish-Belarusian border. The estimated cost of building the “dam” is PLN 615 million.
Kluzik-Rostkowska also referred to the fact that the public procurement law would not apply to contracts related to the construction of a barrier. Orders will be controlled by the Central Anticorruption Bureau. – I do not trust the CBA or other secret services under the rule of PiS – said the KO deputy.
– There is a very difficult situation on the Polish-Belarusian border, which is also the border of the European Union, and we obviously support the Polish-Belarusian border, which is also the border of the Union, to be well protected. But this does not exclude the humane treatment of people who find themselves in this situation – she added.
MP Czartoryski was asked about the fate of migrants, including children who stayed in Michałów and were returned to the border.
– These people are brought to the forest by the Lukashenka regime, by Lukashenka’s special services, precisely in order to wreak havoc on our border. But our Border Guard does not do that. Our Border Guard has 400 children and thousands of immigrants in its centers, argued the TVN24 guest.
Main photo source: TVN24