The Prime Minister, who has absolutely no chance of winning a majority, pretends to exist in an alternative reality and refuses to take away the toys. This is simply an embarrassment – said Magdalena Biejat, deputy speaker of the Senate (Razem party), in “Kawa na ława” on TVN24. Confederation MP Michał Wawer said that “there is not even any attempt by Mateusz Morawiecki to build a government.” – This is purely a media creation – he said.
President Andrzej Duda despite the declarations of the Civic Coalition, Third Way and the Left, he entrusted the formation of the coalition the mission of forming a government to Mateusz Morawiecki. The current democratic opposition can count on 248 out of 460 seats in the new Sejm, and PIS – on 194.
This matter was discussed on Sunday by the guests of “Kawa na Ława” on TVN24.
Presidential Minister Andrzej Dera said that “the president implements the provisions of the constitution and good parliamentary custom, which states that the party that wins the elections will obtain the best result, has the most MPs, has the opportunity and has the right to take advantage of it” to entrust it with the mission of creating government.
He added that the president’s belief that Morawiecki would find a majority “results from the fact that the Prime Minister assured about it.”
Wawer: There was no invitation to talks from Morawiecki
Confederation MP Michał Wawer asked Dera if “the Presidential Palace knows that Prime Minister Morawiecki is not even trying.”
– We have a situation where this is a media story, but according to my knowledge – and as the vice-chairman of the Confederation club, I think I have quite complete knowledge – there has been no invitation to talks – he said. He added that there are no talks.
– This is purely a media creation. There is not even any attempt to build a government by Mateusz Morawiecki – he said. “I’m not saying we’re interested in it, but it’s fun,” he added.
Zgorzelski: there can only be one majority
Deputy Speaker of the Sejm Piotr Zgorzelski (Trzecia Droga-PSL) emphasized that “a coalition has been created, which mathematically has 248 votes.” – She confirmed this when voting, for example, for the Speaker of the Sejm, and there is no doubt about it – he said.
– In the set of the whole, there can only be one majority (…) There cannot be another majority on the other side – he added.
Lubnauer: the president gave PiS time for looting
Katarzyna Lubnauer, an MP from the Civic Coalition, said that “the president gave PiS time to loot.” – Because what they are doing right now is pure robbery – she said.
– The best example is the Dmowski Institute, where we will move it to Otwock so that we can give money to 100 million people over the next 10 years (…). Another issue is the Polish Film Institute, i.e. the Polish Film Institute, where we will change the Council so that we can block it and put it in concrete – she mentioned.
Biejat: Morawiecki had a chance to come out of it alive
Deputy Speaker of the Senate Magdalena Biejat (Razem party) said that what Lubnauer was talking about “casts a shadow on the president’s decision.”
She also said that she “congratulates Mr. Morawiecki on his intuition, because he is simply embarrassing himself at the moment.” – The Prime Minister, who has absolutely no chance of winning a majority, pretends to exist in an alternative reality and refuses to take away the toys. This is simply an embarrassment, she said.
– You are discrediting your own prime minister and your ministers. You had a chance and Prime Minister Morawiecki had a chance to come out of this with a face, but he is doing everything to make sure it is the other way around – she added, turning to the minister in the Prime Minister’s office, Łukasz Schreiber (PiS).
Schreiber: There’s nothing extraordinary about it
The minister said that “in the parliamentary-cabinet system, which is also in force in Poland, there is nothing extraordinary in the fact that a representative of the winning party in the elections receives a mandate to form a government.”
When asked what the new government with which Morawiecki will come to the president will look like, he replied that “he will not say anything about the personnel, because these are the things that the Prime Minister will announce.”
Main photo source: TVN24