Entrusting the mission (creating a government to Mateusz – ed.) to Morawiecki deprives Kaczyński of the planned narrative. The narrative that his victory was stolen – said Professor Marek Migalski, a political scientist from the University of Silesia, in “Fakty po Faktach”. He also assessed Szymon Hołownia’s debut as the Speaker of the Sejm.
President Andrzej Duda despite the declarations of the Civic Coalition, Third Way and the Left, he entrusted the formation of the coalition the mission of forming a government to Mateusz Morawiecki. The current democratic opposition can count on 248 of the 460 seats in the new Sejm, and PiS – on 194.
Migalski: entrusting the mission to Morawiecki deprives Kaczyński of the planned narrative
The guest of “Fakty po Faktach” was Professor Marek Migalski. – Everyone rightly emphasizes that this is a humiliation Mateusz Morawieckiand I believe that this is also a humiliation of the entire PiS and Jarosław Kaczyński – he said. – Entrusting the mission to Morawiecki deprives Kaczyński of the planned narrative. The narrative is that the victory was stolen from him – he added.
– If this mission had not been entrusted to Morawiecki, in the following years Kaczyński could have used the narrative of a stolen victory and a conspiracy that was, of course, initiated by Tusk, Brussels, the Germans, but also Andrzej Duda – he said.
Migalski: the president will play with Tusk
Migalski also predicted what Andrzej Duda’s plans might be after the end of the president’s term in 2025. – I believe that Andrzej Duda does not want to find his place on the right after 2025 – he said. – Well, let’s imagine what it means for the former president, then a former president, to find a place on the right. Does it mean what: he will come to President Kaczyński and say: “give me the party, move” and Kaczyński will do it? Of course not, he continued.
– Second chance then. He comes to the right and establishes his own party, a center-conservative-right one. But such initiatives have been undertaken and I am convinced that the vast majority of voters have the right to do so choice Kaczyński’s party and Duda’s new party, he will choose the first one – he added.
– He wants to take up some prestigious, insignificant in terms of work, but giving prestige and joy sinecure, and this can be provided not by Jarosław Kaczyński, but by the future government arrangement. He will play with Tusk so that he will allow him, probably with the help of the Americans, to take an interesting position – he said.
– They and Mastalerk (Marcin, head of the president’s office – ed.) are playing for this, not to fight with Confederation, Ziobrists and PiS for the next dozen or so years, and this only means that he will rather concentrate on on finding a modus vivendi (a way of coexistence between parties with different interests – ed.) with the new arrangement, which is, frankly, good for Poland – he said.
Migalski: Hołownia’s style can ensure that the new government lasts up to eight years
The political scientist also assessed the debut Szymon Hołownia as the Speaker of the Sejm. – You can see that he is a really talented man, but he also presents something that is interesting to me and that can ensure that the new government lasts not only for four years, but also for eight – he said.
– He presents a style of not insulting PiS voters. And this is the key to maintaining power for the future government system, namely, I believe that the main reason for PiS’s defeat was not whether the budget hole was this or that, or that inflation was higher or lower, or that we had a deficit. financial. For people, these are in some sense abstractions, maybe apart from inflation, he continued.
– But for them, it was like they had simply been systematically insulted for the last eight years. I use the term that PiS used sadism towards its political opponents and these people, who had been insulted for eight years, got angry and went to the elections. Hence the high voter turnout, especially among young people, they stood until three in the morning (in the polling stations – ed.), because people like Mejza, Czarnek, Janusz Kowalski, they systematically targeted them for eight years. They had been insulting them for years and they took severe revenge on them, he added.
– If I were to advise the new government, it would be Hołownia’s style – relatively tough towards PiS politicians, PiS tops, especially those who have committed crimes, but soft towards voters. PiS voters must feel relatively comfortable in the future Poland, otherwise they will behave exactly like anti-PiS voters did a month ago, he said.
Main photo source: PAP/EPA -Tomasz Gzell