A shameful accusation, a complete lack of class, the fall of Jarosław Kaczyński – this is how politicians commented in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 on the words of PiS president Jarosław Kaczyński, who called Donald Tusk a “German agent” from the parliamentary podium. The guests of the special edition of the program were: Tomasz Siemoniak and Marcin Kierwiński from KO, Marcin Horała from PiS, Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus from the Left Club and Piotr Zgorzelski from PSL – Trzecia Droga.
The special edition of “Kropka nad i” was broadcast straight from the Sejm, where the government first appeared on Monday Mateusz Morawiecki he did not receive a vote of confidence, and then the chairman of the Civic Platform, Donald Tusk, was elected prime minister.
The first guest of the program was Tomasz Siemoniak from KO, who is to be the coordinator of special services in the new government. He assessed that what happened on Monday in the Sejm “is a great day for Polish democracy.”
– Today, with the power of the votes of millions of Poles, we were able to change history. Bad power, bad government, based on wickedness, on lies, on pitting one against the other, is becoming forgotten. Maybe even these two months of waiting were something that added flavor to today’s situation – he said.
– This is a disgrace, a disgraceful accusation and it proves that Jarosław Kaczyński understood (…) that he ultimately lost. Tusk came back, won, won. Donald Tusk’s Poland won, democratic, European Poland, not Jarosław Kaczyński’s Poland, Siemoniak continued. He added that it was a “complete lack of class”.
“The Fall of Jarosław Kaczyński”
The next guests of the program were Marcin Kierwiński from the Civic Platform, who is to be the head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration in the new government, and Marcin Horała from PiS, former deputy minister of infrastructure.
Kierwiński said that “today, democracy has returned to Poland and even such excesses as Mr. Kaczyński’s will not cover it.” – It was not possible to create a majority coalition, we accept this result – said Horała.
They also commented on the words of the PiS president. – It’s something amazing. To be completely honest, I thought I had seen everything done by Mr. Kaczyński in the Polish Sejm, but here all limits were crossed once again. I don’t even know if I want to comment on it, because I think other specialists should really comment, Kierwiński said. He added that this was “the fall of Jarosław Kaczyński.”
– I think that on this beautiful day for Donald Tusk, Prime Minister Kaczyński wanted to say something nice to him, after all, he is the winner of the Charlemagne Prize, the Rathenau Prize, the author of the statement that German statecraft is a blessing for Europe – commented Marcin Horała.
“Prime Minister Morawiecki, like Jarosław Kaczyński, talked about what happened”
The guests of the next part of “Kropka nad i” were Joanna Scheuring-Wielgus from the Left Club and Deputy Speaker of the Sejm Piotr Zgorzelski from the PSL – Trzecia Droga club.
Scheuring-Wielgus said that she “welcomes you to the free, democratic, smiling and full of life Sejm, where a fantastic thing happened today.” She added that “everyone had been waiting for her since October 15.”
– There is such great energy, such authentic joy, (…), we are very happy. I noticed a particularly interesting thing today, because I remember when PiS came to power four years ago and eight years ago, this Sejm was full of sad men. Today, there are a lot of young people in the Sejm, a really large number of young people, I am very happy about it – added the MP.
Zgorzelski commented on the speeches of Mateusz Morawiecki and Jarosław Kaczyński. – Prime Minister Morawiecki, like Jarosław Kaczyński, talked about what happened. However, the prime minister, even a slightly ill-mannered one who was known that he would not win a majority, could be expected to say at least a little about the future, he said.
– There were malice, there were reminders of the government of the Civic Platform and the Polish People’s Party and, of course, stories about how much they have done for Polish society Law and Justice – added.
Main photo source: PAP/Rafał Guz