Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz said after the meeting of the PSL Supreme Executive Committee that his party will continue cooperation with Poland 2050 as part of the Third Way. He added that together with this party, as well as with the Civic Coalition, the Left and local government officials, he wants to create a government coalition. He did not directly answer the question whether his party would support Donald Tusk’s candidacy for prime minister. When asked whether any arrangements had already been made on the division of future positions in the government, he replied that “there are no arrangements yet on the division of responsibilities.”
The meeting of the Supreme Executive Committee of the Polish People’s Party started after 3 p.m. and ended around 6 p.m.
At the press conference after the meeting, the president of PSL Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz he thanked all voters for their trust in elections parliamentary. – In the first place for us are the issues that we want to solve for entrepreneurs, for local communities, for local governments, non-governmental organizations, working people, for good farmers, to restore respect for education, for work, and to rebuild the national community – said the leader of the People’s Party.
He recalled that the slogan of Third Way in the election campaign was: “Enough arguing, move forward.” He stressed that the disputes must end. – Today we take responsibility for the whole of Poland, clearly the voters chose not a third term for PiS, but the Third Way – he added.
Kosiniak-Kamysz: we want to co-create a government coalition
He said that at the meeting it was decided that PSL and Polska 2050 will continue cooperation within the Third Way. – We will cooperate and coordinate our actions – he assured.
– We want to co-create a government coalition with the Civic Coalition, the Left, Poland 2050 and local government officials. I have obtained a mandate to represent PSL in these negotiations, together with the chairman of the Supreme Council, together with the Presidium of the NKW (Supreme Executive Committee), he said.
He said that his party is determined that “this government will be formed as soon as possible.” – We will go to the president with this mission, so as not to waste time. Poles have clearly decided in which direction they want to transfer power and what projects they want to be implemented – noted the president of the People’s Party. He added that for PSL “areas related to the countryside and agriculture are very important.”
Kosiniak-Kamysz: please respect our sensitivity
– We want to conduct talks in the atmosphere in which we went to the elections – of kindness and mutual respect, respect for each other’s history, tradition, and sensitivity. We will not influence anyone’s sensitivity and we ask you to respect our sensitivity, he emphasized.
Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz assessed that PSL and the entire Third Way can be a stabilizer and a catalyst for a new coalition. – We have our tradition, we have our experiences and we have great enthusiasm for modernity. “Enough arguing and move forward” – this slogan from the campaign will be implemented. We will rebuild the community, focus on the economy, restore citizens’ respect and trust in the state and citizens’ cooperation for the benefit of the Republic of Poland – said the president of PSL.
A question about a recommendation for Tusk. “We will cooperate”
When asked whether the Supreme Executive Committee of the Polish People’s Party recommended the PO leader Donald Tusk as a candidate for prime minister of the coalition government, the head of the People’s Party replied: – The Supreme Executive Committee of the PSL recommends cooperation, building a coalition on partnership principles, just as we went to the elections, without undercutting each other, without giving blows.
– We will cooperate, there are many places and responsibilities. All this will be the subject of negotiations and coalition arrangements, but we will certainly not disagree on these matters, declared the president of the PSL.
Kosiniak-Kamysz: there are no arrangements regarding the division of responsibility yet
When asked whether any arrangements had already been made regarding the division of future positions in the government, Kosiniak-Kamysz replied that “there are no arrangements yet regarding the division of responsibilities.”
– The issues of dividing such very precise responsibility for specific departments of state administration are still ahead of us. There have been no such talks between the formations creating the Senate pact yet, he added.
– We are talking about issues that interest us very much and that Poles voted for. Matters of entrepreneurship, economy, security – both food and national security, but here we also cooperate with the Third Way, as the Third Way, as PSL and Poland 2050 – he added.
He explained that “there will be a time for everything.” He pointed out that for now there is no date set for the first session of the Sejm of the new term. – It is worth showing in such an elegant way, rebuilding the community, that it is possible to make changes in line with the sovereign’s decision. These elections were the most important since 1989 in terms of turnout and emotions, said the president of PSL.
– We believe that Mr. President will respect this great social uprising, this great determination of voters to hand over this power and this symbolic November 11, Independence Day, in an elegant, dignified, but also very effective way, so that it will truly be a community holiday. But this requires the president’s decisions to convene the first session of parliament as soon as possible, said Kosiniak-Kamysz.
Consultations at the Presidential Palace
On Tuesday and Wednesday – at the invitation of President Andrzej Duda – consultations with representatives of individual electoral committees that will be represented in the next Sejm will be held at the Presidential Palace. The meetings will be held separately with each of the election committees, in the order in accordance with the results achieved by these committees in the elections.
Main photo source: PAP/Paweł Supernak