The role of a politician is not to wonder if he has enough bread, but whether Poles have enough bread, Katarzyna Lubnauer, MP of the Civic Coalition, said in “Fakty po Faktach”, referring to the statement of PiS MP Marek Suski on the National Reconstruction Plan. According to the deputy marshal of the Sejm, Piotr Zgorzelski (Polish Coalition), “politicians from the Law and Justice party express more or less concealed contempt for the European Union.”
In the Thursday edition of “Fakty po Faktach”, Katarzyna Lubnauer, MP from the Civic Coalition, and Piotr Zgorzelski, Deputy Speaker of the Sejm (Polish Coalition), referred to the situation related to the lack of payments to Poland from the National Reconstruction Plan.
The politicians referred to the statement of the PiS MP Marek Suskiwho was asked on Wednesday by TVN24 reporter Radomir Wit, whether he wants money from the National Recovery Plan. – I don’t want money from KPO, I don’t need it. What I have is enough for bread, replied Suski.
Lubnauer: PiS’s fat cats undoubtedly have millions, so they’ll have enough
– The role of a politician is not to wonder if he has enough bread, but whether Poles have enough bread – said Lubnauer. – If we consider that inflation cumulatively, when it comes to food, it is 68 percent, we realize that not only some Poles do not have enough for bread, but if we want to develop as Poland, we also need funds from the KPO.
– The fat cats of PiS undoubtedly have millions, therefore they are enough – she added.
Zgorzelski: Ignorance, Impertinence, Imposibilism. You can say “and” three times
– Ignorance, impertinence, imposibilism. You can say “and” three times – said Zgorzelski. In his opinion, Suski “doesn’t know what he’s talking about”. – Or you can paraphrase such a folk saying that he knows as much as what the poor man will eat – he assessed.
– The impertinence, i.e. the arrogance of this power, is more and more visible, because how can you call it that Mr. Marek Suski with such irreverence rejects billions that were supposed to be such a pro-investment drip, one can say, into one great pro-development agenda – he assessed.
– Impossibilism proves that they are unable to arrange anything for Poland. Even the basic stuff, he added.
“For them, the interest of Poland is secondary”
– We must be aware that this money is not only the investment impulse that the Marshal spoke about, but it is also a matter of our health, because there is money for investments in health care, there is money for digitization, there is money primarily for cheap, green energy. So that all of us, Poles, would pay less for electricity, Lubnauer pointed out.
According to Zgorzelski, “from the lips of Law and Justice politicians, more or less hidden contempt for the European Union shines through.”
To the attention that Poland’s interest is not to despise money from the European Union, the TVN24 guest replied that “for them, the interest of Poland is secondary.” – Party interest is the most important. They spent millions of zlotys advertising this National Reconstruction Plan, which Prime Minister Morawiecki said was the second Marshall Plan, he assessed.
– Meanwhile, they spent millions, they did not get billions, and they still pay penalties. This is the bill of losses of the PiS government, which, unfortunately, Poles have to pay, Zgorzelski added.
What about the National Recovery Plan?
The Polish KPO is over PLN 115 billion in subsidies and PLN 50 billion in loans. The condition on the part of the European Union was the so-called milestones, which are related to compliance with the law. Their completion is necessary for the withdrawal of funds.
After long negotiations Law and Justice prepared a bill to guarantee their payment, but this time it was opposed by politicians Zbigniew Ziobro. Ultimately, the bill went to the Constitutional Tribunal, where a dispute has been going on for several months about the term of office of Julia Przyłębska as its president, which makes it difficult for it to gather a full bench of 11 judges. Therefore, PiS is trying to change the size of the so-called full squad. On Wednesday, the Constitutional Tribunal adjourned the hearing until September 7 on the Prime Minister’s proposal Mateusz Morawiecki in this case.
At the moment, only five countries do not have money for KPO: Poland, Hungary, Ireland, the Netherlands and Sweden, but Poland and Hungary are the most objectionable. In other European Union countries, the money is already there, working and supplying their economies. Some countries have even received the second tranche of money.
Main photo source: TVN24