The Law and Justice government is the first government to pay fines to the European Union, and it has not brought a single euro from the European Union under the KPO – said Tomasz Trela from the Left. According to Krzysztof Śmiszek (Left), the authorities “deliberately” do not seek these funds. – They know that this money is needed, but for ideological, purely political reasons, they do not want it, they do not want to reach for it – commented Miłosz Motyka, PSL spokesman. Urszula Rusecka from PiS shifted the responsibility to the European Parliament.
Left-wing deputies Tomasz Trela and Krzysztof Śmiszek spoke on Friday at a conference in the Sejm about the lack of funds from the Reconstruction Fund for the implementation of the National Reconstruction Plan and about the responsibility of the authorities in this matter.
– They didn’t even submit an application, and they had a chance to do so, because personally, together with other members of the Left, I was at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister and prepared an application for payment of money from the National Reconstruction Plan. So that citizens can already use this money. So that local governments can have this money. So that entrepreneurs can have this money – he pointed out. As he said, “there were promises, there were declarations that an application would be submitted, there was no money”.
Trela: we want to make an unequivocal declaration on behalf of the Left
As the member of the Left said, “the Law and Justice government will manage, Law and Justice politicians will manage, but local government officials are already thinking about how to fasten this budget by the end of the year.” – Entrepreneurs who could develop are wondering how to look for savings today and where to reduce costs – he continued.
– Today, with Mr. Krzysztof Śmiszek, we want to make an unequivocal declaration on behalf of the Left – he declared. He said that if the Left co-rules the country after October 15, “one of the first decisions we will make will be to apply for payment and bring this money to Poland.”
– The government of Law and Justice is the first government that actually pays fines to the European Union, and has not brought a single euro from the European Union under the KPO. We will change it and today we want to commit ourselves to it unequivocally – he declared.
Śmiszek: We are only two regulations away from these great billions
According to Śmiszek, “for many recent months, a festival of lies, hypocrisy and, above all, shifting responsibility, like a hot potato, has been going on within the ruling camp, who is responsible for the lack of money from the National Reconstruction Plan”. – The only entity that can bring this money to Poland is the government – he emphasized.
The deputy said that EU officials said that “the money is just waiting to start the application for payment, and secondly, to adopt very simple regulations that restore the rule of law in Poland.” – Today we have a stalemate – he continued, adding that today Constitutional Court “trying to argue” and decide what to do with the law on the Supreme Court.
– We are separated from this big money, from these big billions, very easy money to obtain, only two regulations separate us – he pointed out.
In his opinion, “it is very clear today (that) intentionally, with premeditation, the government deliberately does not use this money.” Because – stated the deputy – on one scale they have “easy billions for the Polish economy, for Polish families, for Polish entrepreneurs”, and on the other “the possibility of applying disciplinary proceedings, breaking the backs of judges, intimidating Polish judges”.
Hoe: For purely political reasons, they don’t want the money
More comments on the KPO issue appeared in the Sejm, including those of the spokesman PSL Milosz Motyka.
– Today, in the course of the election campaign, they attach more importance to arguing with the European Union and polarizing Poles due to the fact that this evil Union takes away funds from KPO than to guarantee this necessary financial drip for Polish companies and local governments – he said.
In his opinion, the rulers “of course know that this money is needed, but for ideological, purely political reasons, they do not want it, do not want to reach for it, do not want it to go to Poland.” – Because then it would turn out that this one is strong, compact and ready PIS for everything he is strong only in the mouth, compact only at the manger and ready to run away from the European Commission and its conditions – he added.
Robert Kropiwnicki from the KO stated that PiS “had forgotten that they had been in power for eight years, that they had promised something to the Poles, promised the European Union and did not keep their word”, and now they were “turning the cat around”. “These are just plain PiS lies,” he added.
Rusecka: they vote against Poland and therefore there are no funds
Urszula Rusecka from PiS reminded that the European People’s Party constitutes the majority in the European Parliament. In it – she continued – sit “MEPs elected by the votes of Poles and it should be a shame and disgrace for them, because they vote against Poland and therefore there are no such funds”.
Soboń: It would be great if these funds already fed the Polish economy
Deputy Minister of Finance Artur Soboń spoke in “One to One” on TVN24that “today, from the point of view of Poland’s interests, it would be great if these funds already fed the Polish economy.” “Therefore, without waiting for the Tribunal to finally comment on the issue addressed to it by the President, we have already launched pre-financing from the KPO funds, so as not to lose a single minute, so as not to lose a single day,” he said. .
Main photo source: PAP/Tomasz Gzell