20.9 C
London
Tuesday, June 18, 2024

New Manor Mazowiecki. Evacuation of an industrial plant. The sensors detected carbon monoxide

Must read

- Advertisement -


The plant was evacuated after one of the women felt unwell. Firefighters’ sensors detected carbon monoxide in the building. The injured woman was taken to the hospital.

As reported by junior captain Andrzej Kordek from the Nowy Dwór fire brigade, firefighters from the State Fire Service and droogs from the Volunteer Fire Brigade arrived at the site. One of the people felt bad, she was helped on the spot, but she went to the hospital anyway for further examination. – Our sensors detected the presence of carbon monoxide. Now the interiors are vented, the firefighter said.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas. In the human respiratory system, it binds to hemoglobin 250 times faster than oxygen, blocking the oxygen supply to the body. Symptoms of mild poisoning are headache, dizziness, weakness and nausea. The consequence of acute poisoning – at high concentrations of this gas – may be irreversible damage to the central nervous system, coronary insufficiency and heart attack or even death.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoningKG PSP

How is chad formed?

- Advertisement -

Carbon monoxide is produced during the incomplete combustion of combustible materials, which occurs when there is a lack of oxygen in the surrounding atmosphere. It has strong toxic properties. It accumulates mainly near the ceiling because it is slightly less dense than air.

According to the information from the fire brigade, the main source of poisoning in residential buildings is the ineffectiveness of chimney ducts. As indicated by firefighters, faulty operation of the ducts may result from their leakage, lack of maintenance and cleaning, structural defects and failure to adapt the ventilation system to the tightness of new windows and doors.

In order to avoid asphyxiation, it is necessary to carry out inspections, check the tightness of chimney ducts and clean them regularly. It is also necessary to use efficient devices in which combustion takes place in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. Do not cover or cover heating devices or cover ventilation grilles. It is also advisable to frequently ventilate kitchens and bathrooms equipped with gas water heaters.

Since October 1, the State Fire Service has recorded 44 deaths due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Read also: The child lost consciousness while taking a bath. There was a leak in the bathroom

In Mysiadle, a child was poisoned by carbon monoxideArtur Węgrzynowicz/tvnwarszawa.pl

Main photo source: DarSzach/Shutterstock



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article