There was a gas leak in one of the housing estates in Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki. His scent was noticeable in the local grocery store. Firefighters evacuated dozens of residents of nearby single-family houses and a block of flats. We received a signal about the incident on Kontakt 24.
– At 3.15 p.m., information about the smell of gas in the store in the Pileckiego estate was received by the control station. Five fire brigades were dispatched to the site, which confirmed the presence of the substance, Paweł Plagowski, press officer of the Poviat Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki told the editors of Kontakt 24.
For safety reasons, residents had to be evacuated. – Firefighters evacuated about 40 people from one multi-family building and from several single-family houses. The gas emergency service also arrived at the site and removed the gas leak by clamping the pipe – explained Plagowski.
Around 4 p.m., the firefighter reported that gas concentrations were still being checked at the site, but the gauges no longer showed a threat. – Evacuated residents are slowly returning to their homes and apartments – he said.
Main photo source: ReBa / Contact 24