10.7 C
London
Friday, May 24, 2024

Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys accused of sexual assault. The victim was supposed to be a singer

Must read

- Advertisement -


Melissa Schuman, singer and actress known m.in. from the pop group Dream, sued Nick Carter. She claims the 43-year-old Backstreet Boys singer sexually assaulted her when she was 18, Rolling Stone reports.

38-year-old Melissa Schuman was a member of the girl group Dream, known, among others, for from the hit “He Loves U Not”. It was her music career that made her meet Carter – then the idol of the crowd, a member of the extremely popular group Backstreet Boys. According to Rollin Stone, the two were linked to by rumors of an alleged affair fabricated by their own teams, which were supposed to ensure positive publications in the press. They also both starred in the television horror film The Hollow.

Melissa Schuman (2013)s_bukley / Shutterstock

SEE ALSO: Aaron Carter is dead. The American singer was 34 years old

- Advertisement -

New lawsuit against Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys

Melissa Schuman accuses Carter of sexually assaulting Carter in 2003, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday and seen by Rolling Stone. As quoted by the portal, the musician allegedly used “his position, status and power as a famous singer to access, handle, manipulate, exploit and sexually assault her.”

“Melissa Schuman has been spreading her stories for years, but her allegations were false when she first made them in 2017, and they still are,” the musician’s lawyer, Liane K. Wakayama, told the portal. He also announces that Schuman will be held accountable.

In November 2017, the artist first described Carter’s alleged assault on her blog. “He was relentless, he did not want to accept my refusal,” the portal quotes her words. Carter himself denied the allegations. As he wrote in a statement: “Neither when we were together, nor after, did she ever tell me that she had no consent to what we were doing. It is not in my nature to intentionally cause discomfort or harm to someone,” he is quoted as saying. portal. She also recalls that the singer filed a statement in this case with the Santa Monica police in February 2018. However, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office declined to prosecute, claiming that the statute of limitations expired in 2013.

Schuman promises a fight. “It’s time for music industry influencers to get the message that they can no longer afford to protect sexual predators. I fight to make the music industry a safer place to work and perform,” she wrote on social media on Wednesday.

SEE ALSO: Nick Carter says goodbye to his late brother Aaron. He writes about a “difficult relationship” and “a love that never faded”

Nick Carter and subsequent lawsuits

On December 8 last year in Clark County, Nevada, it was filed another lawsuit against Nick Carter. It alleges that the musician sexually assaulted Shannon “Shay” Ruth in February 2001 after a Backstreet Boys concert in Tacoma, Washington. According to the accuser, who identified herself as autistic and with cerebral palsy, Carter invited her to his bus after meeting her among fans who asked for autographs after the concert. There he allegedly raped her. Carter’s lawyer called her statements “legally baseless, but also completely untrue.” In February, he filed a lawsuit against Ruth seeking $2.35 million. According to Rolling Stone, last month a judge allowed Carter’s case against the woman to proceed.

Nick Carter (2013)Debby Wong / Shutterstock

SEE ALSO: A British singer convicted of sexual offenses against children has been released from prison after half his sentence

Main photo source: Shutterstock



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article