5.7 C
London
Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Norway. Bow attack in Kongsberg. New reports on the attacker

Must read

- Advertisement -


Norwegian police have released further information about the attack in Kongsberg. It was reported that most of the five people killed a week ago by 37-year-old Danish Espen Andersen Brathen were attacked in their homes. It was added that these people died from blows inflicted with melee weapons.

At a press conference, Police Inspector Per Thomas Omholt revealed further details of the ongoing investigation into the Kongsberg attack in Norway. – The attacker, after firing a bow at the Coop grocery store, when the police arrived, fled through an emergency exit. Then, on Hyttegata Street, he broke into several houses in which he killed most of the victims. The man was captured in the yard of one of the buildings, Omholt said. Earlier, the police reported that the victims of the attacker – four women and a man – died from blows inflicted with white weapons.

WATCH TVN24 ON THE INTERNET ON TVN24 GO

Omholt said about 200 witnesses have been contacted so far, 90 of which have been formally questioned and 11 have had victim status. – These talks further weakened the hypothesis that the attack was caused by conversion to Islam – he stressed.

An arrow stuck in a wall of one of the buildingsPAP / EPA / HAKON MOSVOLD LARSEN

- Advertisement -

The Kongsberg striker “cooperates” with the services

The policeman added that the health condition of the Danish psychiatric hospital in custody allowed for further questioning. “He cooperates and provides quite detailed explanations,” described Omholt. Psychiatry experts are to decide whether the perpetrator was sane at the time of the crime.

Kongsberg after the attackPAP / EPA / TERJE PEDERSEN

Norwegian media wrote, citing neighbors’ opinions, that Brathen was mentally unstable. His parents were threatened with death and he was forbidden to come from a court of law. According to “VG”, in 2017 the man posted a video on the Internet in which he described himself as a Muslim and a “messenger”. “I come with a warning,” he says in the video, urging people to convert to Islam.

The attacker was known to the police and PST special services, who said that “we may be dealing with an act of terror.”

Attack in Kongsberg

The attack in Kongsberg near Oslo, which killed five and injured three, occurred on October 13. The attacker fired a bow at random people, and later used a melee weapon. On Thursday, the city authorities organized a meeting with residents in the town hall. At crime scenes, candles are still lit and flowers are laid.

Main photo source: PAP / EPA / TERJE PEDERSEN



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article