Ożarów Mazowiecki. Ołtarzew. Accident, driver died, prosecutor's office launched an investigation


There is a prosecutor's office investigation into the collision of a truck with a train in Ołtarzew. Investigators have determined that the crossing devices were working properly and the traffic controller reacted quickly. A driver of Koleje Mazowieckie died in the accident.

The District Prosecutor's Office in Pruszków has initiated an investigation regarding a collision between a truck and a train at a railway crossing in Ołtarzew. It is aimed at causing an accident in land traffic which results in the death of another person.

“According to the arrangements made, on July 1 at approximately 9:20 a.m., during the journey of the Koleje Mazowieckie train on the Sochaczew – Warszawa Wschodnia route, traveling on track no. 2 of the Błonie – Ożarów Mazowiecki route, the train hit a truck located between the barriers of the railway crossing,” informed the spokesman for the District Prosecutor's Office in Warsaw, prosecutor Piotr Skiba.

He emphasized that the crossing devices were working properly. “Despite the quick reaction of the traffic controller, a collision occurred, and the train hit a truck trailer filled with construction materials at high speed. After the collision, the train stopped after braking,” Skiba said.

A train driver and railway enthusiast died

As a result of the impact, the train driver was injured, who died after being transferred to an ambulance and resuscitated. “The prosecutor ordered an autopsy of the deceased. Witnesses are being questioned. It was also ordered to secure the monitoring,” Skiba said.

The deceased was a great railway enthusiast. “It is with deep sadness that we received the news of the tragic death of Rafał Kamiński, a driver of Koleje Mazowieckie and a great railway enthusiast. We express our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones. Rafał, you will remain in our hearts forever!” – wrote representatives of Koleje Mazowieckie after the tragic accident.

The train passengers were not injured.

Main image source: Olek Klekocki, tvnwarszawa.pl

Source link