Two policemen from Pabianice (Łódź Voivodeship) ran into the burning building to save the inhabitants. The tenants of the house on Piękna Street left the incident unscathed. However, the officers who searched the rooms in a puff of smoke required hospitalization.
A fire in a tenement house on Piękna Street in Pabianice broke out on Sunday afternoon. Staff sergeant Agnieszka Chodzicka and constable Damian Majda were patrolling the vicinity of the city center and noticed smoke coming from the roof of the building.
– The policemen immediately contacted the unit on duty, informing him about the fire and asking him to notify the fire brigade – reports Ilona Sidorko from the Pabianice Police.
The uniforms entered the burning building and evacuated three residents.
“The man and two women left the building without any health damage,” emphasizes Sidorko.
The policemen were poisoned by smoke
The policemen wanted to make sure that no one was left in the building needing help. Therefore, in a smoky tenement house, they looked for other residents for a long time.
– The officers were poisoned by smoke and are currently in the hospital. Their life and health are not in danger, the spokeswoman points out.
The circumstances of the fire are currently being investigated by the prosecutor’s office. The firefighters initially estimated that the flames could have appeared as a result of a failure in the electrical system.
The fire broke out at Piękna Street Google Maps