17.5 C
London
Saturday, July 13, 2024

Palczewo, Pomeranian Voivodeship. A family of five was poisoned by carbon monoxide. Mother and four children in hospital

Must read

- Advertisement -


A family of five from the village of Palczewo (Pomeranian Voivodeship) was poisoned by carbon monoxide on Wednesday evening. They were helped by firefighters who transported the mother and her four children, aged 11 to 15, to the hospital.

– We received a report of carbon monoxide poisoning of a family of five, a mother and four children, on Wednesday around 6:50 p.m., said the press officer of the fire brigade from Nowy Dwór Gdański, junior captain Anna Piechowska.

She added that the family lives in a single-family house in the village of Palczewo in the Nowy Dwór County. – After firefighters arrived at the scene, it turned out that a 41-year-old woman and four children aged 11 to 15 needed help – she reported. After examining the family, the services working on site decided to transport everyone to the hospital.

Preliminary findings indicate that the leakage of the chimney may have been the cause of the carbon monoxide leak.

- Advertisement -

Chad, or carbon monoxide, is an odorless and colorless gas. In the human respiratory system, it binds to hemoglobin 250 times faster than oxygen, blocking the flow of oxygen to the body. Symptoms of milder poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness and nausea. The consequences of acute poisoning – at high concentrations of this gas – may be irreversible brain damage, circulatory and respiratory failure and death.

Main photo source: Facebook/Poviat Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Nowy Dwór Gdański



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article